Nokia Maps Satellite Mode

Workshop2

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else getting areas on Nokia maps that are blurred? The area I was in when I originally opened Nokia Maps has never updated the quality of the maps (its as if the phone cached the zoom status of being zoomed out).

Can someone check this on their Lumia 920 to see if the maps exist or if my phone has cached this data somehow (I tried clearing history but that didn't do anything)

The location is Brampton, Huntingdon, Cambs (UK)
Thanks a bunchwp_ss_20121118_0001.jpg

Rob Bushell

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same thing.. but with a large patch right near my location.. about 3-5 miles wide and god alone knows how long, Ive tracked alongs its edge all the way to London, from my village which is 10 miles from the Wash, then westward 3-5 miles along a blurry image, then back up the other side..

Its as you say, like the program has decided that the grainy green and brown is the best quality/low altitude picture. have tried removing app and restarting phone before reinstalling..
am now trying to delete the maps data using storage checker, but it always leaves 2.7mb after reloading maps the same area pops right up as grainy green.. seeing as winblows have locked the phones files down even from the owner/operator, there is no way to properly remove these files..

did you sort it your end?

Mattias Hogkvist

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Was about to start a new thread, found this...

The satellite view of HERE Maps is horrendous. I assume it's because we're being "helped" to save data, but I have a good data-plan and want an option to have hi-res satellite pictures!
Where can I get those hi-res pictures? And how do we make Nokia change HERE Maps to incorporate this option?!

Rob Bushell

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else getting areas on Nokia maps that are blurred? The area I was in when I originally opened Nokia Maps has never updated the quality of the maps (its as if the phone cached the zoom status of being zoomed out).

Can someone check this on their Lumia 920 to see if the maps exist or if my phone has cached this data somehow (I tried clearing history but that didn't do anything)

The location is Brampton, Huntingdon, Cambs (UK)
Thanks a bunchView attachment 23025

Can you follow the edge up or down, with it never loading anything inside the area..
I think this is the same area.. I scrolled all the way down my side of the patch, across several miles of London, then back up the other side until I noticed Huntington just off to the right.. in the middle of the blurred area.. all this while the rest of the map loaded in nicely, stuttered a little now and then but fairly quick loading over all... apart from the blurred area, just poor quality high altitude blurred brown and green..
I think the other poster may have hit the nail on the head.. Nokia must be using lower quality tiles for mobile apps, as here maps are all low altitude focus shots.. and some are badly labelled server side..

Did you find a way to work around?

I have tried uninstalling all 'here' (what is with these idiotic app names) apps, then wiping map cache restarting phone and reinstalling.. but the tiles were still there.. as soon as I switched to satellite those poxy blurred tiles load straight up, then never update to better quality..

ceebee999

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
This is an old thread I know but has anyone found a work round or are HERE going to do anything about the quality of the maps? I have experienced exactly the same on a number of Lumia models so it must be the maps, not the handsets

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS