Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi all,
    I am visiting Los Angeles, California next month. I would like to know where can I find/buy best deal on Lumia 920 with wireless charger by fatboy. Any info would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Saju.
    Unlocked? In the US, they're all locked to AT&T - for now anyway.

Is there any microsoft store that cell Lumia 920 unlocked ?
    sad to hear that it is AT&T exclusive... do you know how long will it stay exclusive to AT&T ?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I bought my factory unlocked version from gsmnation. It should arrive by tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by sajus View Post
    Is there any microsoft store that cell Lumia 920 unlocked ?
    sad to hear that it is AT&T exclusive... do you know how long will it stay exclusive to AT&T ?
    Rumor is 6 months, after that who knows how long it will take for AT&T to start releasing unlock codes. The other thing to consider is that the AT&T phones might not have all the same bands as say the Candian version.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Babba View Post
    Rumor is 6 months, after that who knows how long it will take for AT&T to start releasing unlock codes. The other thing to consider is that the AT&T phones might not have all the same bands as say the Candian version.

They have the same LTE bands. The international version has a different set of LTE bands.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmgeeks View Post
    I bought my factory unlocked version from gsmnation. It should arrive by tuesday.
    Any other sites selling an unlocked 920?

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmgeeks View Post
    The one that GSMNation is selling is selling is the international version, correct? If so, the LTE bands are not compatible with the NA bands. Are you planning to use the phone in Europe?

I am interested in buying this phone too (U.S. user here), and someone in another thread said that SIM cards purchased from SmartTalk are technically on the AT&T network.

So does that mean I can just buy this phone out of contract for $450 from AT&T's site and then just pay month to month on Smart Talk?

I really want to get this phone, and I am currently a T-Mobile prepay customer. SmartTalk seems good to me, for the price ($45 for unlimited everything)... but if I have to switch to AT&T proper, I think I'll pass on the Lumia and just get myself a Nexus 4.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanjs View Post
    I am interested in buying this phone too (U.S. user here), and someone in another thread said that SIM cards purchased from SmartTalk are technically on the AT&T network.

So does that mean I can just buy this phone out of contract for $450 from AT&T's site and then just pay month to month on Smart Talk?

I really want to get this phone, and I am currently a T-Mobile prepay customer. SmartTalk seems good to me, for the price ($45 for unlimited everything)... but if I have to switch to AT&T proper, I think I'll pass on the Lumia and just get myself a Nexus 4.
    Enjoy your nexus 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

If Smart Talk is an AT&T MVNO, you can buy an unlocked phone from AT&T, get a sim from smart talk and you should be set. Since both networks work on the same bands, you should have no problem using the phone.

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the responses... I really appreciate it. Yes I am going to use it in Europe, ( hopefully sometime in Asia, but that is not big deal breaker for me.).

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Straight Talk (not smart talk) will work fine with a locked AT&T device. It uses AT&T's HSPA network, but not their LTE.

entropism - that's cool, thanks for your help! (And thanks for pointing out that I remembered it wrong - StraightTalk, got it, heh.)

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Axiom Telecom - Maximum Communication has unlocked lumia 920s - i think they're on pre-order now to be shipped by the 29th (UAE based company)