Where can I find unlocked Lumia 920

sajus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I am visiting Los Angeles, California next month. I would like to know where can I find/buy best deal on Lumia 920 with wireless charger by fatboy. Any info would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Saju.

sajus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there any microsoft store that cell Lumia 920 unlocked ?
sad to hear that it is AT&T exclusive... do you know how long will it stay exclusive to AT&T ?

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there any microsoft store that cell Lumia 920 unlocked ?
sad to hear that it is AT&T exclusive... do you know how long will it stay exclusive to AT&T ?

Rumor is 6 months, after that who knows how long it will take for AT&T to start releasing unlock codes. The other thing to consider is that the AT&T phones might not have all the same bands as say the Candian version.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Rumor is 6 months, after that who knows how long it will take for AT&T to start releasing unlock codes. The other thing to consider is that the AT&T phones might not have all the same bands as say the Candian version.

They have the same LTE bands. The international version has a different set of LTE bands.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought my factory unlocked version from gsmnation. It should arrive by tuesday.

The one that GSMNation is selling is selling is the international version, correct? If so, the LTE bands are not compatible with the NA bands. Are you planning to use the phone in Europe?

jordanjs

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in buying this phone too (U.S. user here), and someone in another thread said that SIM cards purchased from SmartTalk are technically on the AT&T network.

So does that mean I can just buy this phone out of contract for $450 from AT&T's site and then just pay month to month on Smart Talk?

I really want to get this phone, and I am currently a T-Mobile prepay customer. SmartTalk seems good to me, for the price ($45 for unlimited everything)... but if I have to switch to AT&T proper, I think I'll pass on the Lumia and just get myself a Nexus 4.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in buying this phone too (U.S. user here), and someone in another thread said that SIM cards purchased from SmartTalk are technically on the AT&T network.

So does that mean I can just buy this phone out of contract for $450 from AT&T's site and then just pay month to month on Smart Talk?

I really want to get this phone, and I am currently a T-Mobile prepay customer. SmartTalk seems good to me, for the price ($45 for unlimited everything)... but if I have to switch to AT&T proper, I think I'll pass on the Lumia and just get myself a Nexus 4.

Enjoy your nexus 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phonegeeks

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

If Smart Talk is an AT&T MVNO, you can buy an unlocked phone from AT&T, get a sim from smart talk and you should be set. Since both networks work on the same bands, you should have no problem using the phone.

sajus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the responses... I really appreciate it. Yes I am going to use it in Europe, ( hopefully sometime in Asia, but that is not big deal breaker for me.).

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Straight Talk (not smart talk) will work fine with a locked AT&T device. It uses AT&T's HSPA network, but not their LTE.

jordanjs

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
entropism - that's cool, thanks for your help! (And thanks for pointing out that I remembered it wrong - StraightTalk, got it, heh.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)