Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Quote Originally Posted by flashmaster591 View Post
    They did a SIM swap via EE activations and hey presto my Lumia is 4g and ready to go.
    Happy camper
    Interesting. My deductions are pretty similar, but I've not tried a SIM swap through Phones4U. Looking after my son today, so will definitely try tomorrow!

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flashmaster591 View Post
    Cheers for this info

Can you confirm the one you bought wasn't a White one ?
    I have a white one exclusive to EE (see my saga above) and I have tried an orange sim and it didn't work.
    Mines Matte Black :)
    I went into my EE store, bought it on Orange PAYG, called up Orange, number ported from my Pay monthly big sim to the micro sim in 4 hours.

I know its going to sound daft but I've now heard 4 instances of it, when you buy it on PAYG, what network are you asking it on? T-Mobile or Orange?
    Regards
    SpencerUk

The white 920 is locked to EE and shoudnt work on other networks I believe.
    One thing I spotted was EE offer unlocking here: http://e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/exter..._2012%20v4.pdf I wonder if they would unlock the white for you given the hassle you have had.

Glad you finally got sorted OP :)

To be honest EE have been pretty shocking over the L920 - after weeks of dropping into their stores and getting wildly conflicting information when they actually did have them it didn't go any better - firstly I had to wait 20 minutes to be seen to then, when I did get to talk to someone he went through all the security rigmarole to get my account details (existing Orange customer upgrading) and get my usage so he could "tailor a package". He then read out my average bill and usage and using those details (900mins a month, 800 texts and 11Mb data) decided that somehow the 500mb data plan I was already on was insufficent. Checking my details was all a waste of time anyway since he said he could only do the phone on the fixed packages they were offering which was 41 a month on Orange and 40 up front or 36 a month and 129.99 for the phone on EE (so much for "tailoring") so I sacked them off and went round the corner to Phones4U who couldn't have been more helpful. They did me the exact same plan as the 41pcm that I was offered in EE for 36 a month and the phone for free, oh and a free wireless charger. In the past I've avoided P4U (largely down to their incredibly annoying ad campaigns more than anything) but I honestly can't fault them on this experience. Not sure on the situation of locked vs unlocked but mine is a white one using an Orange SIM if that's any use.
  5.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spearchucker View Post
    Interesting. My deductions are pretty similar, but I've not tried a SIM swap through Phones4U. Looking after my son today, so will definitely try tomorrow!
    I have read your blog and I can tell you that the card that worked finally worked in my N920 from P4U was the small one on the far left (your first card). Get P4U to put a fresh one in your L920 and if you get signal bars rather than the no entry sign where the SIM should be then you good to go with a SIM swap.

Would be really interested to hear how you get on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12