Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Oridus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
       #1  
    So i'm trying to create groups, and when I go into the groups portion, there were no groups in there. So I wanted to create one called family, but it says there's already one created. Anybody have any idea where this original family group is?
  2. fwaits's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    868 Posts
    #2  
    I know by default there is a room called Family Room, not sure if that is related, but I wouldn't think so. Do you have a contact called Family maybe that is some kind of distribution list?
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
  3. Oridus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
    I know by default there is a room called Family Room, not sure if that is related, but I wouldn't think so. Do you have a contact called Family maybe that is some kind of distribution list?
    none :(
  4. steeleblue's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oridus View Post
    So i'm trying to create groups, and when I go into the groups portion, there were no groups in there. So I wanted to create one called family, but it says there's already one created. Anybody have any idea where this original family group is?
    Mine was already on my Home screen. I deleted it because it wouldn't accept my son's acceptance. So I then panicked and had to search on how to create a new one. So if you already have one then just pin it to the Home screen. Did you try that? Or you can rename it to something else and create a new one.
  5. pvcleave's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    #5  
    In WP7.5 there was a group already created called family and i just added my family to it. I cannot remember about WP8, but I do have one called family, but I cannot remember if it was already there in the people hub.
  6. Oridus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
       #6  



    This is all that is in there yet I cannot change the name to family.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
  7. steeleblue's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #7  
    When you select the room scroll over to the Members page (left one page). Then touch the three dots to get to Settings. From there you can rename the room.
  8. Oridus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
       #8  


    This is what I get.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
  9. fwaits's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    868 Posts
    #9  
    At outlook.com when you go to People, select Manage then Manage Groups. Family in there?
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
  10. Oridus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
    At outlook.com when you go to People, select Manage then Manage Groups. Family in there?
    There was a family in there but it still won't let me change my "FAM" group family after I deleted the one on outlook.com
    Last edited by Oridus; 11-19-2012 at 01:48 PM.
  11. fwaits's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    868 Posts
    #11  
    It may take a little while to sync the deletion over to your phone before it recognizes that it's gone. maybe try in a hour and see? Not sure if that's how long it takes, but I have seen some contact updates take a little while if changed on the web site.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
    Thanked by:
    Oridus 
  12. Oridus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
    It may take a little while to sync the deletion over to your phone before it recognizes that it's gone. maybe try in a hour and see? Not sure if that's how long it takes, but I have seen some contact updates take a little while if changed on the web site.
    Will do. I'll report back in a few hours. Thanks for the help.
  13. Oridus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
       #13  
    What do you know. I just checked and it worked. Thanks so much again for the help.

Similar Threads

  1. Quote: Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasnt it Taken Off?
    By madhouse1616 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 05:27 PM
  2. How do you create groups in the People hub?
    By baseballbert in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions