Car mount/dock for Nokia lumia 920

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd like something sleek with a wireless charging interface. Would be nice to just pop the phone into it and have it charge while driving without fiddling with cables.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So the 920 fits perfectly well in the CR-123? Or is it a tight fit? I saw somewhere online the dimensions of the mount goes up to 70mm, but the Lumia 920 is 70.3mm. If it fits perfectly well, I'm seriously considering buying this mount - looks very high quality!

It fits perfectly, and you still have small gap so you need to adjust the holder to tighten it. The holder itself is top quality, best mount I've seen. Very sturdy and doesn't shake when you hit a bump. Very easy to operate and looks amazing. I bought mine on Expansys as well.

When you put your phone in it, just make sure that side adjusters don't press on power button. If they do, adjust accordingly.

Attachments

• WP_000293.jpg
    WP_000293.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 66
  • WP_000294.jpg
    WP_000294.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
how do you charge it while in the dock?

there is a small opening on the bottom adjuster where you can fit the power cable easily.

Edit: picture attached. Whichever way you cut it, CR-123 works perfectly with my Lumia 920. While the adjuster blocks the speaker slightly, you can still hear everything perfectly fine.

Side adjusters are rubberized, so it won't scratch your phone. The holder is universal, so it can be used with any smartphone, except Note because Note is too wide.

Attachments

• WP_000296.jpg
    WP_000296.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

F15 Ranger

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Heck, I just got a nice case, put a small strip of Velcro on the back just under the camera lens and another strip on the very left edge of my rearview mirror. I can pull it off or reposition anytime and its great for running Nav and not having to look down. I also can hit record and the rear camera can take forward video when I am driving. Comes in handy when you have a crazy driver ahead of you. I think overall it cost me 4 bucks.

pikablu0530

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
there is a small opening on the bottom adjuster where you can fit the power cable easily.

Edit: picture attached. Whichever way you cut it, CR-123 works perfectly with my Lumia 920. While the adjuster blocks the speaker slightly, you can still hear everything perfectly fine.

Side adjusters are rubberized, so it won't scratch your phone. The holder is universal, so it can be used with any smartphone, except Note because Note is too wide.

Wow thanks for the photos - that really helped! I've been searching all over the internet, and even called up Nokia to ask whether it would fit, and no one could give a definite answer. Glad that I bought one via Expansys too then :)

Is it true that the bottom slide adjuster can be taken out completely?

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow thanks for the photos - that really helped! I've been searching all over the internet, and even called up Nokia to ask whether it would fit, and no one could give a definite answer. Glad that I bought one via Expansys too then :)

Is it true that the bottom slide adjuster can be taken out completely?

no problem. And yes, bottom part could be taken out completely.

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The CR-123 looks promising. But is Nokia making an official L920 car dock/mount ? If yes, then I will wait. Otherwise, I am gonna buy the CR-123. My primary navigation device is my phone.

ess.pee

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If you are on my side of the pond, than holdersandmounts have these on Pre-order. However, if like me you're waiting for an active holder, I feel this will be few more days before active holders are released.

sheldon h

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I will probably wait for the proclip one also, used that with a few ipods and my Galaxy nexus. Droidx, I just used the default one from Verizon, which worked pretty well. Anyway, do you think the wireless charging dock can keep up with the battery drain of having navigation on for extended periods of time?

ashenrulez

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just received my CR-123 from Expansys but plan to return it. The mount is absolutely gorgeous and shouts quality. However, the angle of CR-123 does not allow the phone to fit well without hitting the car windshield (have to tilt it forward, at which point I am afraid it might fall off). When I try to tighten the side holders, the camera button gets pressed.

I am returning back to my old car mount which works very well. It does not allow me to touch the power button when the phone is installed, but I consider that a feature while I am driving :grin:

Heavy Duty Windshield Car Mount Holder For Cell Phone - Cell Phone Holders

Hope this helps.

pikablu0530

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Just received my CR-123 from Expansys but plan to return it. The mount is absolutely gorgeous and shouts quality. However, the angle of CR-123 does not allow the phone to fit well without hitting the car windshield (have to tilt it forward, at which point I am afraid it might fall off). When I try to tighten the side holders, the camera button gets pressed.

In regards to the camera button getting pressed - you can adjust the bottom slider, or even remove it completely, so that the side holders will clamp on to the space between the camera button and power button.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my Mountek nGroove car mount last night from Amazon. It's perfect. Mounts in the CD drive. Holds firmly, doesn't block console buttons, and doesn't depress the camera button. Even has a hole in the bottom to allow for a charging plug. Worth every penny. Highly recommended!
WP_000452.jpgWP_000450.jpgWP_000449.jpgWP_000448.jpgWP_000447.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss