Anyone ever ordered from Axiom Telecom?

PhantomNZ

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm in New Zealand and really want a red 920. Have had a pre-order waiting with Negri since the 2nd Nov, but that's not expected until the end of the month. Axiom Telecom in the United Arab Emirates is selling the red one for about USD$680, fully unlocked. Has anyone ever dealt with them outside of the Middle East and are they OK to deal with?

Eddie Stanbrough

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've bought mine from there last night....

As of right now it's the first site that's taken my money and not just done a pre-order...While I could now have locked my money away with them until the device is in stock, it sounds promising their release date...

The red one is actually on sale today and says in stock but when you click buy it now, the opening webpage says Dec. 2nd still, but says pre-order and in stock...

I don't know if this is just red or yellow and all colors, but it is a legit website, and while I was reading HELLISH reviews on Aramex which they use for shipping, a friend from Saudi Arabia told me Aramex was a good company and I should not be worried as this is legit site as well..

Good luck!!

PhantomNZ

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead anyway and preordered a red one from them on the 19th. It shipped on the 28th, currently on a plane :D Good price and they do seem legit. Nokia UAE mentioned them on their facebook page so I figured they must have been pretty legit.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys that ordered know how much the shipping costs to ship from the UAE to the US? $680 is a good price, so if the price combined with the shipping is reasonable I might consider buying from them.

PhantomNZ

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just start the order process and see what it comes back with. When you order, it gets you to fill out a profile with your name, address etc, then it presents you with the shipping costs. If you decide you don't want it, just don't continue any further. For me, getting it to New Zealand was really cheap at AED 75. Can't imagine it would be much different to the US.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I just checked and it turned out to be AED 215 for shipping to my location. That's about $60 (58.5), so the total would be about $740. It's about $40 cheaper than Negri, though, and a lot cheaper than most websites. I'll keep it in mind for now.

PhantomNZ

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine took 3 working days to get from Dubai to me in New Zealand. Dubai -> Sydney on day 1, Sydney -> Auckland (NZ) on day 2, Auckland -> Christchurch (NZ) and delivered on day 3. There was a weekend in the middle though where nothing happened.

marius de klerk

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have had no issues with them,having bought several handsets from them since moving to the UAE in 2006.However I also have had no issues with any of the handsets I bought,so I do not know what a warranty experience with them would be like.

Had my 920 on pre order with Axiom,but a earlier unit became available at the Nokia store and simply could not resist,otherwise would not have had a issue buying another unit from them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte