Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have found out the root cause of my Lumia's battery issue these days. I have tried turning off NFC, Bluetooth and other background apps before. But since Skype doesn't show up in the background apps, I did not realize that it could be the cause. Since I did that yesterday, I still have 63% left, even after a day's usage. Before that, I would run out of battery before 2pm!

Quote Originally Posted by Rong Zhou View Post
    I have found out the root cause of my Lumia's battery issue these days. I have tried turning off NFC, Bluetooth and other background apps before. But since Skype doesn't show up in the background apps, I did not realize that it could be the cause. Since I did that yesterday, I still have 63% left, even after a day's usage. Before that, I would run out of battery before 2pm!
    Skype doesn't run in the background. Your online presence is hosted on a cloud server and only signals your phone if there is activity, like a call or text.

So do you have battery problem? I would love it to be the case but the contrast is so big that it is hard to believe otherwise.

I think the battery issue people are having is perplexing, because people are claiming it on different things. And all appear to be legitimate to the user.

I think it may be a power management issue in the firmware that is triggered when certain apps call a particular set of APIs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I think the battery issue people are having is perplexing, because people are claiming it on different things. And all appear to be legitimate to the user.
    Classic example of correlation=/= causation.