Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truthsforme View Post
    Instagram DOESN'T get rid of all that. Now all you see are photos of people's foods, people's feet, and the incredibly stupid textgram - which then gets sent to twitter. Pictures are worth 1000 words, and if you can't show how you feel on pictures, there should be no reason why you rather have a picture of a text and then have it sent to twitter instead of just tweeting how you feel.
    Not if your friends happen to not be stupid. I don't know about you but the people I follow are really good about taking photos or making posts that actually mean something, perhaps you're just following the wrong people. Every social network has its idiots, those people that post pictures of their scrambled eggs or a million pictures of themselves in the mirror, but that doesn't mean that everyone is like that. Its extremely easy to avoid those people, especially on Instagram, and simply only follow the ones that are actually good at photography and not just mindless hipsters. So don't put everyone in a box, just because some people are sycophantic attention seeking losers doesn't mean everyone is.

Also who said you just have to use one social network? If I don't feel like sifting through all the crap on Facebook or Twitter then I go and check out Instagram, and vice versa. No social network is perfect, they all do different things in completely different ways, the point is to use them in conjunction with each other.

PS. You can set your Instagram to private so only certain people can see your photos.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Too each his own. If you dont like it, then fine... but why p*ss in someone else's cornflakes?

I want to be different, like everybody else I want to be like
    I want to be just like all the different people
    I have no further interest in being the same,
    Because I have seen difference all around,
    And now I know that that's what I want
    I don't want to blend in and be indistinguishable,
    I want to be a part of the different crowd,
    And assert my individuality along with the others
    Who are different like me. -King Missle

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Im waiting on Path.
    I never really understood the OS wars - they're simply is no one perfect solution for all, just for you.

Did I help? don't forget to hit the Thanks and Like :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I guess I don't understand the fascination with this app...
    It's for hipsters in their early 20s who want to make their 8 megapixel high res digital photos look like blurry, faded pics from a 70s era Kodamatic 110 camera.

I have enough pictures like that from my childhood, I don't need to make new ones. :P
    brmiller1976 likes this.

OMG what do I need to do to get to instagram???? Like I don't understand why they would even create a system without offering their customers what is popular. GIve us the option! I'm really considering returning my Nokia Lumina 900 simply for that reason ... why do I see stupid little apps like "instagram blog" or instagram tweets" WHYYYY??? I understand people find it kiddie like ... but I love lit and .... AT&T may just get this back ... I'm thinking about going back to Droid. :@

Quote Originally Posted by S Jackson View Post
    OMG what do I need to do to get to instagram???? Like I don't understand why they would even create a system without offering their customers what is popular. GIve us the option! I'm really considering returning my Nokia Lumina 900 simply for that reason ... why do I see stupid little apps like "instagram blog" or instagram tweets" WHYYYY??? I understand people find it kiddie like ... but I love lit and .... AT&T may just get this back ... I'm thinking about going back to Droid. :@
    You do realize Instagram has to want to make the app for the platform? Now I think it will come, especially since FB owns them now, but I have no clue where in it's development cycle it may be. We've heard talk about it coming soon, but not much since.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I follow alot of tattoo artists etc on there, it gives me a way to keep up with them and see there amazing art etc..

Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    That article has already been proven false and no Instagram app is coming any time soon. Instagram will not happen unless WP gains some significant marketshare, and given what a pathetic launch WP8 has been, that's not happening any time soon. Don't get your hopes up.
    You do you know that Microsoft owns a small percentage of Facebook? Microsoft Sells 20% Of Its Facebook Shares For $250 Million

They sold $240 million dollars with a stock at the beginning of the IPO or 20% of the 1.6% they held. In other words, MS leadership has an establish relationship with the Facebook leadership team. There might be more than market share at play.
    Instagram isn't so much about photography as it is sharing photos. I know that sounds counter intuitive, but it really is just a social network of a bunch of photos. Slap on an old-timey filter, and away you go. It is not meant for a photographer, but I have seen some pretty decent pictures uploaded to instagram. To me, statements like "this isn't for someone who knows what they are doing" with photography is like saying Facebook and twitter are not for writers. It's a bit non-sequiter because you don't understand the point of the app.

All that said, I am not *really* an instagram user myself, but I can understand the appeal. It took me until last year to get on Facebook. I don;t need another social network. (If you can't tell, I am pretty anti social networking.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Is this app out yet?

Follow me when it's out. :) http://web.stagram.com/n/koukifc3s/

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    it's most likely coming in the form lens... which would make most sense.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    I use twitter only so I can follow athletes and sport columnists and reports. To be honest, a ton of my favorite teams players use both twitter and instagram and its an easy way to follow their pictures and posts.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Aren't closed social networks with restrictions and proprietary apps for only some devices and closed APIs with big-time restrictions better described as "anti-social networks?" :P

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    To be able to connect with authors and writers via twitter is great. I actually had a author [hugh howey] answer one of my questions. I also like communicating with my fav athletes too, especially when they respond. Instagram extends this functionality. Great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    I use twitter only so I can follow athletes and sport columnists and reports. To be honest, a ton of my favorite teams players use both twitter and instagram and its an easy way to follow their pictures and posts.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    That's the problem. You got the cheap clone Lumina. Make sure you get the Lumia next time.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Instagram is a necessary evil that WP needs to have. Don't fool yourself, people look at any WP and walk away when they find out there isn't an instagram app. The relationship ppl have with uploading a pic to instagram>tumblr>twitter is important. It isn't a fad and isn't going anywhere. If MS can pay amazon for their app surely they can do the same with instagrm.
    Thanked by:
  17.    #42  
    Tasfern It's a social app, if you want to take real photography you use a real camera not a phone camera. Your argument is an invalid one, thanks.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

How old are you?

Like, OMG. We don't give a **** if you return your Lumia 900. That does not change the fact that the Lumia 900 is a bad *** phone, and its predecessor is the best phone on the market yet.

You want your Instawham? Tell their developers.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbredditor View Post
    That does not change the fact that the Lumia 900 is a bad *** phone, and its predecessor is the best phone on the market yet.
    You may have meant "kick-***" and "successor". Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tafsern View Post
    It's basically for girls and people who really don't know real photography..
    Agreed. Too many girls at school use that crappy app.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by dalydose View Post
    I'd say it is more than .oooo2% as every picture that I see from that site IS cropped to a square and filtered to the point of ridiculousness. Also, even though it is a SOCIAL NETWORK, everyone still posts their ugly square pictures to Facebook and Twitter and litter up my feeds. Besides a SOCIAL NETWORK isn't that social when they exclude segments of the market. Remember when we had two 3rd party Instagram apps, but then InstaGrime blocked them. That's kind of anti-SOCIAL, isn't it?
    what does instagram have, something like 80 million users? yeah i would say its very much a social media site. If you do not want them cluttering up your feeds, delete them or block them from doing it. its quite easy, then you will not have to worry. the wonders of technology

Quote Originally Posted by ColeHarris View Post
    Ok I'm saying this in bold because I'm really tired of repeating this across various tech sites and forums. Instagram is not just an app to apply crappy filters to photos, in fact thats like .00002% of what its is, Instagram is a SOCIAL NETWORK. Sites like Twitter and Facebook become cluttered with so much useless crap that you don't care about, like what your sister's friend's roommate ate for lunch, or a stupid ad or promotion for this or that. Instagram gets rid of all that and provides you with a clean easy way to keep up with your friends without dealing with all that extra junk you don't care about. Trick is to not apply the filters that way what you're left with is simply a stream of hopefully interesting photos that tell a story, where you've been, what you like, who you like.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well thats a **** of a lot of Facebook posts.

/end rant
    I'd say it is more than .oooo2% as every picture that I see from that site IS cropped to a square and filtered to the point of ridiculousness. Also, even though it is a SOCIAL NETWORK, everyone still posts their ugly square pictures to Facebook and Twitter and litter up my feeds. Besides a SOCIAL NETWORK isn't that social when they exclude segments of the market. Remember we had two 3rd party Instagram apps, but then InstaGrime blocked them. That's kind of anti-SOCIAL, isn't it?

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    You follow idiots on IG then. Follow better people. Its their service, so they can allow who they want. Sounds like you want IG but don't want to admit it. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dalydose View Post
    I'd say it is more than .oooo2% as every picture that I see from that site IS cropped to a square and filtered to the point of ridiculousness. Also, even though it is a SOCIAL NETWORK, everyone still posts their ugly square pictures to Facebook and Twitter and litter up my feeds. Besides a SOCIAL NETWORK isn't that social when they exclude segments of the market. Remember we had two 3rd party Instagram apps, but then InstaGrime blocked them. That's kind of anti-SOCIAL, isn't it?
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
  24.    #49  
    I love my 920 and wouldn't trade mine in just because it doesn't have Instagram but it's a nice app to have. It's my second Windows Phone so I apparently don't care about it as some do.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillrider View Post
    Instagram is a necessary evil that WP needs to have. Don't fool yourself, people look at any WP and walk away when they find out there isn't an instagram app. The relationship ppl have with uploading a pic to instagram>tumblr>twitter is important. It isn't a fad and isn't going anywhere. If MS can pay amazon for their app surely they can do the same with instagrm.
    Not to be a ****, but i think the statmeent of instagram being a "necessary evil" is quite stupid. Why is instagram even "evil" in the first place. It is a social network millions of people use and if your platform wants to be popular, then you must have popular apps even if you dont like it.

I can't believe this is even a discussion, get instagram on wp8, period. Quit the fanboy talk and go lift.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12