Exclusive Nokia instagram app

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
That article has already been proven false and no Instagram app is coming any time soon. Instagram will not happen unless WP gains some significant marketshare, and given what a pathetic launch WP8 has been, that's not happening any time soon. Don't get your hopes up.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
All indications are that 920, 820/810/822 and 8X sales have kicked up WP sales volume and retail share (though we'll have to wait to see what the marketshare numbers say for Q4). I'd suggest holding off on predicting "pathetic" sales.

Also, market share is a silly consideration when you're talking about platforms with millions of users. WP has over 30 million users worldwide -- mostly high income people. That's about as many people as the entire country of Canada, a "major market" in its own right. You don't see companies saying "we won't produce a version of our product for the Canadian marketplace until the population increases to 100 million."

Mobile app development is reasonably cheap, and with an audience of millions of users, companies that refuse to access the opportunity are simply leaving money on the table.

(And I still don't see the appeal of this Instagram thingy).

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm saying this in bold because I'm really tired of repeating this across various tech sites and forums. Instagram is not just an app to apply crappy filters to photos, in fact thats like .00002% of what its is, Instagram is a SOCIAL NETWORK. Sites like Twitter and Facebook become cluttered with so much useless crap that you don't care about, like what your sister's friend's roommate ate for lunch, or a stupid ad or promotion for this or that. Instagram gets rid of all that and provides you with a clean easy way to keep up with your friends without dealing with all that extra junk you don't care about. Trick is to not apply the filters that way what you're left with is simply a stream of hopefully interesting photos that tell a story, where you've been, what you like, who you like.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well thats a **** of a lot of Facebook posts.

/end rant

EgonUK

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's basically for girls and people who really don't know real photography..

Looks like you really don't get the point of the app then. Your letting your own ignorance cloud judgement here.

^^ ColeHarris says it best... it's a social network. Although I disagree with not adding filters, some actually serve a purpose.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So basically, Instagram is a proprietary, closed and device-specific version of Pinterest with some bad photo filters attached. Why not just use Pinterest and whatever photo filters you'd like to use?

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm saying this in bold because I'm really tired of repeating this across various tech sites and forums. Instagram is not just an app to apply crappy filters to photos, in fact thats like .00002% of what its is, Instagram is a SOCIAL NETWORK. Sites like Twitter and Facebook become cluttered with so much useless crap that you don't care about, like what your sister's friend's roommate ate for lunch, or a stupid ad or promotion for this or that. Instagram gets rid of all that and provides you with a clean easy way to keep up with your friends without dealing with all that extra junk you don't care about. Trick is to not apply the filters that way what you're left with is simply a stream of hopefully interesting photos that tell a story, where you've been, what you like, who you like.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well thats a **** of a lot of Facebook posts.

/end rant

You do know that Facebook bought Instagram right? It will only be a matter of time before Instagram has ads, and it will be cluttered by useless crap soon as well.

I don't get the fascination with Instagram either... If liking someone's photo is enough for it to be called a "social network," then yeah, Instagram is a "social network."

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't Flickr offer the same social networking service as Instagram? With Flickr you have friends whom you follow, join groups, people comment, certain photos public or restricted to certain individuals. You can take photos from your Flickr app and directly upload them. Is there an advantage to Instagram other than filters? I'm curious why Instagram has become so popular compared to similar services.

truthsforme

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

/end rant

Instagram DOESN'T get rid of all that. Now all you see are photos of people's foods, people's feet, and the incredibly stupid textgram - which then gets sent to twitter. Pictures are worth 1000 words, and if you can't show how you feel on pictures, there should be no reason why you rather have a picture of a text and then have it sent to twitter instead of just tweeting how you feel. The only way instagram is different from other social networks is that it forces you to use 1:1 format (square format), let's you apply filters to your photos quickly, and allows interaction between strangers publicly where everyone can see it. And to this day, facebook is still the best way to keep up with your friends because you can have it only show posts from them and you can also have a group conversation without having to type the entire username of each of them just so they can get a notification. I'm pretty sure that for the most part, instagram isn't really being used by folks the way the developers hoped it would, otherwise there wouldn't be so many people getting their photos deleted or getting their profiles taken down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb