Weather Channel App

Awentz66

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have is this Nokia app never updates until I open it? It has shown the same since two days ago. I don't see any answers anywhere for this?

Fred Garvin MP

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Odd, it is definitely updating for me. Out of curiosity, do you have location services turned on (both within the app, and in "settings")? I ask for comparison purposes, as I do have it enabled.

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Same for me, the app seems to be stuck at the location I originally set up and only updates the weather at that location when clicking on the tile.

Hopefully Weather Channel will update the app or someone else developer a better one.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. The tile never updated from the last time I opened the app. I let it go about 10 hours.
Also, even though the location service is turned on I never got the weather for my current location. The app only handled the specific locations defined.
And lastly, like others mentioned, the Live Tile flips between the last know weather condition and the day after tomorrow. I never see tomorrow on the tile.
I tried the regular Weather Channel app and it behaves in a very similar fashion.

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Such a beautiful app but so dormant!!!!

It never updates for me as well. I have all my location services turned on but still no luck unless I open up the app.

I remember this seemed to be the case back in WP7 as well. After a series of updates the app seemed to gradually get better about updating itself. I hope this is the case with WP8 as well.

Anyone else a little upset that they changed the tile flip from live radar to the next day forecast? I just found the radar much more helpful. The next day forecast isn't important to me being that it really does change too drastically the day before as it would say the week before.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
If you are looking for a live radar live tile I recommend an app called weather radar tile. It used NWS radar which is way better than the weather channel junk. Also it updates perfectly on my 920 with no issues. It is also available in both the medium tile size and the small size. Both of which are fully live. Most of the time, at least where I live, there is no precip though so I keep it small time and it is hard to see the small tile.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Such a beautiful app but so dormant!!!!It never updates for me as well. I have all my location services turned on but still no luck unless I open up the app.I remember this seemed to be the case back in WP7 as well. After a series of updates the app seemed to gradually get better about updating itself. I hope this is the case with WP8 as well.Anyone else a little upset that they changed the tile flip from live radar to the next day forecast? I just found the radar much more helpful. The next day forecast isn't important to me being that it really does change too drastically the day before as it would say the week before.
Are you pinning the app to the Start screen? If so, remove the Live Tile then start the app, go to Locations, pick one of your locations and enter Edit mode. Turn on the Live Tile for it. You can select what you get on the flip side of the Tile.This should get you what you want.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
mine is working fine.... stupid question but, you don't have the app blocked by accident or by some strange turn of events in the background apps section of settings? open your settings and swipe right to left, then click on background tasks. make sure it's not blocked.

suppandi

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
After having it for a few days this is my behavior

1. if i have location services turned off inside the app, the live tile only seems to update when i open the app.
2. if i have location services turned on inside the app, the live time updates properly...but it drains the battery like crazy. My 920 drained from 100 to 40 in 5 hours. never seen this happen. Went into the app, turned off location services...and battery has reached 39% in the last couple of hours...no updates on the live tile though

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
There are two Weather Channel apps. The app published by Weather updates the live tile better, or at least that's been my experience.

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you pinning the app to the Start screen? If so, remove the Live Tile then start the app, go to Locations, pick one of your locations and enter Edit mode. Turn on the Live Tile for it. You can select what you get on the flip side of the Tile.This should get you what you want.

I don't see the option where one can set what you want to show on the live tile??????

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the option where one can set what you want to show on the live tile??????

Try installing the other Weather Channel app. There are two of them, one published by Nokia, the other published by Weather. Just search the store for Weather, and they should both show up at the top of the list.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Try using the Amazing Weather app. I've found that it works much better and you can set when/how often you want it to update.

Is that with the lite or paid version? For the lite version which I have it doesn't let you change the live tile update from daily and only let's you change the time of update. Otherwise this version suffers from the same issues as the weather channel where you need to open the app up for it to update on the live tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans