Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

The only issue I have is this Nokia app never updates until I open it? It has shown the same since two days ago. I don't see any answers anywhere for this?
    Odd, it is definitely updating for me. Out of curiosity, do you have location services turned on (both within the app, and in "settings")? I ask for comparison purposes, as I do have it enabled.
    Thanked by:

They are both enabled but I'll wait a few hours and look at the tile again.

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Same thing with me. Sometimes it updates but most of the time I have to access the app to get an updated tile.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Same for me, the app seems to be stuck at the location I originally set up and only updates the weather at that location when clicking on the tile.

Hopefully Weather Channel will update the app or someone else developer a better one.

Still has not updated, only flips showing Wednesdays weather.

Same for me. The tile never updated from the last time I opened the app. I let it go about 10 hours.
    Also, even though the location service is turned on I never got the weather for my current location. The app only handled the specific locations defined.
    And lastly, like others mentioned, the Live Tile flips between the last know weather condition and the day after tomorrow. I never see tomorrow on the tile.
    I tried the regular Weather Channel app and it behaves in a very similar fashion.
    Such a beautiful app but so dormant!!!!

It never updates for me as well. I have all my location services turned on but still no luck unless I open up the app.

I remember this seemed to be the case back in WP7 as well. After a series of updates the app seemed to gradually get better about updating itself. I hope this is the case with WP8 as well.

Anyone else a little upset that they changed the tile flip from live radar to the next day forecast? I just found the radar much more helpful. The next day forecast isn't important to me being that it really does change too drastically the day before as it would say the week before.

If you are looking for a live radar live tile I recommend an app called weather radar tile. It used NWS radar which is way better than the weather channel junk. Also it updates perfectly on my 920 with no issues. It is also available in both the medium tile size and the small size. Both of which are fully live. Most of the time, at least where I live, there is no precip though so I keep it small time and it is hard to see the small tile.

Quote Originally Posted by firedancer1189 View Post
    Such a beautiful app but so dormant!!!!It never updates for me as well. I have all my location services turned on but still no luck unless I open up the app.I remember this seemed to be the case back in WP7 as well. After a series of updates the app seemed to gradually get better about updating itself. I hope this is the case with WP8 as well.Anyone else a little upset that they changed the tile flip from live radar to the next day forecast? I just found the radar much more helpful. The next day forecast isn't important to me being that it really does change too drastically the day before as it would say the week before.
    Are you pinning the app to the Start screen? If so, remove the Live Tile then start the app, go to Locations, pick one of your locations and enter Edit mode. Turn on the Live Tile for it. You can select what you get on the flip side of the Tile.This should get you what you want.

mine is working fine.... stupid question but, you don't have the app blocked by accident or by some strange turn of events in the background apps section of settings? open your settings and swipe right to left, then click on background tasks. make sure it's not blocked.

After having it for a few days this is my behavior

1. if i have location services turned off inside the app, the live tile only seems to update when i open the app.
    2. if i have location services turned on inside the app, the live time updates properly...but it drains the battery like crazy. My 920 drained from 100 to 40 in 5 hours. never seen this happen. Went into the app, turned off location services...and battery has reached 39% in the last couple of hours...no updates on the live tile though

There are two Weather Channel apps. The app published by Weather updates the live tile better, or at least that's been my experience.

Great dude!! this worked me. Now the Tile is flipping and updating by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy John View Post
    Are you pinning the app to the Start screen? If so, remove the Live Tile then start the app, go to Locations, pick one of your locations and enter Edit mode. Turn on the Live Tile for it. You can select what you get on the flip side of the Tile.This should get you what you want.
    I don't see the option where one can set what you want to show on the live tile??????

Quote Originally Posted by firedancer1189 View Post
    I don't see the option where one can set what you want to show on the live tile??????
    Try installing the other Weather Channel app. There are two of them, one published by Nokia, the other published by Weather. Just search the store for Weather, and they should both show up at the top of the list.
    Thanked by:

Try using the Amazing Weather app. I've found that it works much better and you can set when/how often you want it to update.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemonster View Post
    Try using the Amazing Weather app. I've found that it works much better and you can set when/how often you want it to update.
    Is that with the lite or paid version? For the lite version which I have it doesn't let you change the live tile update from daily and only let's you change the time of update. Otherwise this version suffers from the same issues as the weather channel where you need to open the app up for it to update on the live tile.
    I am told weather flow is getting an update to support WP8 graphics and more. So wait a little longer for weather flow.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Yeah Amazing Weather is quite nice and that's the one I ended up with too, though at 40mb it's a hefty app! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    Try installing the other Weather Channel app. There are two of them, one published by Nokia, the other published by Weather. Just search the store for Weather, and they should both show up at the top of the list.
    That was it!!! Thanks for pointing that out!