Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so news update to my previous post, I noticed that when I plug my other 920 into my computer my computer makes a sound and my phone loads up to show device in the nokia care suit. now when I plug the bricked 920 into no sound happens and it doesn't show up in the care suit. so is it possible that I need to replace the usb ribbon? any thoughts?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so news update to my previous post, I noticed that when I plug my other 920 into my computer my computer makes a sound and my phone loads up to show device in the nokia care suit. now when I plug the bricked 920 into no sound happens and it doesn't show up in the care suit. so is it possible that I need to replace the usb ribbon? any thoughts?

It does not need to recognize it (programming - recovery of non responding device) ... Just do it "offline" (down right) and "no connection" setting (up left) ... and chose your phone (rm-821) by click File and then Open Product ... if you have files in a right folder (rm-821), then you are ready to go ... click programming and recovery (you can flash any fw by this way), to start flashing ... it check first your files (your can see your files listed on a display, if you have them in a right place, in a right folder) ... it gives you an instruction window, to soft reset your phone and then imm. after vibration, click "retry" on a display ... and then you can look flashing process on your phone display - it does not take a long ...

Edit: rm-821 is for International Lumia 920 ...

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It does not need to recognize it (programming - recovery of non responding device) ... Just do it "offline" (down right) and "no connection" setting (up left) ... and chose your phone (rm-821) by click File and then Open Product ... if you have files in a right folder (rm-821), then you are ready to go ... click programming and recovery (you can flash any fw by this way), to start flashing ... it check first your files (your can see your files listed on a display, if you have them in a right place, in a right folder) ... it gives you an instruction window, to soft reset your phone and then imm. after vibration, click "retry" on a display ... and then you can look flashing process on your phone display - it does not take a long ...

Edit: rm-821 is for International Lumia 920 ...
so since I'm att in the u.s. I use rm-820 right? That's the one I did download for the red one since its a red L920...

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
so since I'm att in the u.s. I use rm-820 right? That's the one I did download for the red one since its a red L920...

Yes, I think so ... I am not familiar with US codes ... but you can go your phone settings and then "extras + info" to see your correct code (it is down there on the additional info) ... and also the a proper ffu-file has that code on the beginning of that file name ...

juvenal911

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
hello
i have done every step and downloaded everything, after i open the nokia care software and chose the software i donwloaded, i connect my phone and nothing happened it stayed with the gearbolt screen the software keeps telling me how to reset but does nothing, my computer recognises my phone as (qualcomm msm device) could that be the problem? i installed the nokia PC suite and still says qualcoom msm device, i Really need help because all my phone does now is ether stay on a nokia screen or low battery screen even if i let it charge for hours,

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
hello
i have done every step and downloaded everything, after i open the nokia care software and chose the software i donwloaded, i connect my phone and nothing happened it stayed with the gearbolt screen the software keeps telling me how to reset but does nothing, my computer recognises my phone as (qualcomm msm device) could that be the problem? i installed the nokia PC suite and still says qualcoom msm device, i Really need help because all my phone does now is ether stay on a nokia screen or low battery screen even if i let it charge for hours,
I wish I could be of some help but I have no clue...... I cant even unbrick my device after a simple digitizer fix.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I think so ... I am not familiar with US codes ... but you can go your phone settings and then "extras + info" to see your correct code (it is down there on the additional info) ... and also the a proper ffu-file has that code on the beginning of that file name ...
yup so my files are in the right place but I cannot seem to get the phone to take the reset thing. I really don't understand why it would brick from a simple digitizer install. this is so annoying!!!! Ive tried a couple of other codes as well but it wont take. the only thing I occasionally get is a low bat with one red bar. Last night I had the gears turning on it but it was taking forever so I let it sit over night. I come down this morning and blank screen I hit the power button I get the lightning bolt with one gear screen. arggg.

juvenal911

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
that seems to be my problem, i left it pluged in with the charger, it stayed on a nokia on screen for 5 hours, i soft reset and only got a low battery icon . i can get the gear and bot by pushing the volume up button, my computer says it can install the driver properly and its called quamcomm msm device thats as far as i can get, please let me know what happpens with your phone I been trying to get my working for days

juvenal911

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
i found the problem Zeroplanets, i saw that someone posted that we must install the drivers inside in C:\Program Files\NokiaC:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers I installed all of the ones that worked in my 32 bit computer, after that the flash worked perfectly, so far my only problem is that the battery isnt charging fast enough or maybe isnt holding any charge at all, but al least its working for now

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
i found the problem Zeroplanets, i saw that someone posted that we must install the drivers inside in C:\Program Files\NokiaC:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers I installed all of the ones that worked in my 32 bit computer, after that the flash worked perfectly, so far my only problem is that the battery isnt charging fast enough or maybe isnt holding any charge at all, but al least its working for now
inside of the the care suit folder or the one we were to create? I created the rm-820 folder. Guess I'll try that then...

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
inside of the the care suit folder or the one we were to create? I created the rm-820 folder. Guess I'll try that then...
Ok so ive looked I don't have C:\Program Files\NokiaC:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers (the drivers part) so should I just uninstall and try again you think?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so ive looked I don't have C:\Program Files\NokiaC:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers (the drivers part) so should I just uninstall and try again you think?

Drivers are here: C: \ Program Files \ Nokia \ Nokia Care Suite \ Drivers

Yes, just uninstall Nokia Care Suite and install again ... to ensure that you have all drivers ....

Installation files added here: C: / ProgramData / Nokia / Packages / Products / rm-820 (rm-821 for international Lumia 920)

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes, just uninstall Nokia Care Suite and install again ... to ensure that you have all drivers ....

Installation files added here: C: / ProgramData / Nokia / Packages / Products / rm-820 (rm-821 for international Lumia 920)
ok I'll take a look when I get back home. Thanks a mill!

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

so whats the driver files needed? are they the navifirm files?

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Here it won't work... the last step (volume down + power), then vibration, then immediately volume up, but nothing happens on the computer side....

I am seriously getting annoyed by this, as the phone got bricked when I tried to reset it to factory settings after finally finding a buyer for a decent price. Now I lost all my morning trying to fix that damn device, and my buyer.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Here it won't work... the last step (volume down + power), then vibration, then immediately volume up, but nothing happens on the computer side....

I am seriously getting annoyed by this, as the phone got bricked when I tried to reset it to factory settings after finally finding a buyer for a decent price. Now I lost all my morning trying to fix that damn device, and my buyer.

Just try the last step as the following: volume down + power, then vibration, then immediately click "retry" on your display ... (you should see an instruction window on your display) ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster