Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

IAmMoen

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Cant get Nokia Care Suite to install, just says the wizard was interuptted and could not install.

You more than likely need to install the VC++ software seperately like I had to do. Right before that screen it asked if you wanted to download and install a particular package from microsoft. Below are the links to the Microsoft download spots for both the prereqs:

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish to debrand my sim-free Lumia 920 that was locked to EE (black from Phones4u) and now unlocked using code from UnlockFrog. I want to install an unbranded UK rom. Is it possible to do using this method? Also, which is the correct firmware that I need for this?

Mine is RM-821_eu_euro1_342 with firmware 1232. 2110. 1244. 3011.

Also, is this worth doing? I believe updates would not have to go through EE for this and come sooner?

Thanks.

UPDATE : Downloading 059R075: RM-821_CV_GB_VAR253217_v3_Black from NaviFirm. Will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Sachin Thakur

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
When I try to run NaviFirm plus executable as per your suggestion, I get the message: Communication Error. An error occurred when attempting to connect to the update server. [Web exception] Unable to connect to the remote server.

I'm trying this on Windows 8 Pro.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
When I try to run NaviFirm plus executable as per your suggestion, I get the message: Communication Error. An error occurred when attempting to connect to the update server. [Web exception] Unable to connect to the remote server.

I'm trying this on Windows 8 Pro.

Any ideas?

I flashed my "bricked" 920 lastnight from my Windows 8 machine and I didn't get this error. Make sure the firewall is not blocking anything, also I believe Windows creates execeptions in the windows firewall when you first run it, you will have to select "unblock" when it prompts you. If in doubt try disabling the Windows Firewall and try again.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I flashed by phone lastnight and the firmware version reads 1232.2110.1244.3011

I would appreciate if anyone with a Lumia 920 on T-Mobile in the UK please confirm your firmware version on your stock phone.

Thanks

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's possible to flash a non-att rom to the att version of the lumia 920 and have it still working but remove the restriction on internet sharing? The att version checks with the carrier and disallows this on the phone if you don't have a certain plan...I'm pretty sure a default rom doesn't have this check in place.

paintraine

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Quick question - I thought a factory reset (Settings > About > Reset) would remove the carrier logo that comes up on boot (Telstra in Australia). Is there any way to get rid of it?

Thanks!

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Quick question - I thought a factory reset (Settings > About > Reset) would remove the carrier logo that comes up on boot (Telstra in Australia). Is there any way to get rid of it?

Thanks!
Nope a factory reset will not unbrand your phone.
You need to re-flash it with the unbranded-vanilla firmware for your country and your phone.

Likewise I cannot wait for the vanilla firmware for the RM-820 (the firmware found on the Lumia 920 Developer edition) to hit the Nokia Servers so we can unbrand the Rogers and AT&T variants.

ish86

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
my recovery keeps failing . comes up with error message : The file 'C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_1232.2109.1242.1001_RETAIL_apac_hong_kong_305_01_99635_prd_signed.ffu' from the data package is corrupted.

I tried other roms , getting same error .

Sachin Thakur

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I flashed my "bricked" 920 lastnight from my Windows 8 machine and I didn't get this error. Make sure the firewall is not blocking anything, also I believe Windows creates execeptions in the windows firewall when you first run it, you will have to select "unblock" when it prompts you. If in doubt try disabling the Windows Firewall and try again.

Thanks. I sent it for repairs before I read your reply.

fami33

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
i do every step properly but RM-820 (Nokia Lumia 920) does not appear on
under Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5 Directions need fast help....

Gotrek83

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Could someone share another copy of the Nokia Care Suite? The filedropper version drops always before 100% so i cannot install it. I'd really appreciate a dropbox/skydrive/mediafire link. Also via mail if you don't trust post it here.
Thanks a lot!

simpkijd

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this thread... I was able to reflash my 920 back to normal operations. It took several tries but I did get it to work... Excellent!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12