Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

decheng1218

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
this is great!! but i have got a question. i brought my phone from phone4u under contract with EE. but i saw there are two different codes. one is V3 the other one is V11. what is the different ? which one should i choose ? thanks!

decheng1218

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
it worked for mine! thank you ! but i am wondering is it gonna be the same system version as before? anything changed ? do i still get the all service and update from nokia or my retailer?

Suigenris

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You are a Genius man!

My phone bricked just like everyone elses on this forum after I did a hard reset within the settings. I was out of the warranty period of the phone with AT&T and since I didn't have insurance they said that I needed to call Nokia for support and have them do a Warranty service.

My experience with Nokia was a total joke. The support agent was going to have me pay to ship it back to Nokia so they could "repair and return" the device. This would have taken 7 - 10 days and I would have been without a phone.

Luckily this tutorial was out there otherwise I would habe been screwed!

I ended up switching away from this phone to the iPhone 5 because the app store isnt developed enough yet. Major apps that I use are not availible so it interferes with business productivity. Depending on the needs of the user this might be a great phone for you, asside from the apps issue I loved it. However Nokia really needs to step it up on their support if they want to keep their customers Happy.

Again thanks for this awesome Tutorial, saved my skin!

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone has idea about where to download the firmware for lumia 920 dev version(from Build2012). It says RM-820_nam_canada_246. planning to do a factory reset but afraid of getting it bricked.

kimlo91

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
For those getting an error Please install VC++ 2005 or 2010 redistributable this is what fixed it for me.
Go to add or remove programs/programs and features.
Uninstall anything that says Microsoft 2005/2010/2012 redistributable and restart computer.
Make sure your computer is fully up to date (I'm on Windows 8 x64 for reference.)
Download and install 2005 VC++ SP1 and 2010 VC++ SP1, both x64 and x86 versions and restart.
If done like me when you open add or remove programs you should have 4 Microsoft Visual C++ in the list.
Right click the Nokia Care Suite, go to properties then compatibility. Set compatibility to XP SP3, press ok, then right click and press install. You shouldn't get that error and it should now install.

Hope that helps.

Erwan12

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick note for those on Win8 having issues intalling the Nokia Care package....

Mine kept telling me to install the Visula C++ even though I had installed and re-installed it and rebooted etc etc....

Right clock on the Nokia care package installer and click on 'Troubleshoot compatibility' it will then try to launch the installer in compatibility mode and it will work.

:)

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Suite says it installs but it really doesnt. I even get it to show in the Start menu but the folder is empty, and there is nothing under Program Files.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
its taking FOREVER to down that 1.02GB file.. in ten minutes.. it downloaded not even 1%.. ? is it this slow for everyone? is there any other way to download?

hbhb1316

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I do all this and it's asking me for Qualcomm MSM drivers.

I installed the Qualcomm drivers found at this link: [GUIDE] How to install Qualcomm PC Drivers (if you are having installation trouble) - xda-developers

View attachment 25078

Not even sure what's going on. I might have the wrong drivers or might be doing something wrong. Everytime I hold the lower vol and power button down and then the upper button, it goes to the Lightning Bolt screen and asks for the driver.

Did you install these drivers? They are inside Nokia Care Suite, i don't remember but i didn't install all of them. I think i installed the USB,The Windows drivers according to your PC X86 or X64 and the connectivity cable.

Capture.PNG

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
thank you soo much man.. you saved me.. big time.. thanks n I had to use windows xp (n directory was a little different but it still worked like a charm) also I had to reboot the phone three four times before it worked so don't give up! and again.. thanks dude!

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here I am looking for help. My lumia 920 is the dev version from build 2012. It says its firmware is rm-820-nam-canada-246 and I got it bricked. Since I couldn't find this firmware from Navifirm, I chose the latest firmware from Rogers Canada with code 059Q6W4. Following this wonderful tutorial, everything seemed fine at first. Then I got a warning message "You have chosen not assigned product cde for this device, do you wish to continue?" . Well, the only choice I have is to continue. I got the 'flashing' message on Nokia care Suit and the big Nokia on top of the phone. I was ready to relieve. Then I got an error " Recovery failed. Make sure the files you are using are meant for the same type of device... Platform ID check fails" . It seemed like I was using the wrong firmware. My question is what's the right firmware for my 920 and is there any other way out? Help please. I really love my 920. :(

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 420

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you really need to use the first part?

In Nokia Care Suite you can just choose Find Online and it will download the packages and use them...

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm bricked, this doesn't work after the update today.

Won't let me flash, the holding volume up trick doesn't work, just fails over and over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb