Lumia 920 Network Signal/WIFI/Battery Display

andyrcarr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Greeting all,

This is my biggest grievance with my new phone so far, the only way I can see what signal and if I am connected to WIFI etc, is to double tap an invisible section at the very top of the phone and then this information pops down.

Am I missing an obvious setting here? Is there anyway to keep this information displayed at all times when on the home screen?

Thanks

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Greeting all,

This is my biggest grievance with my new phone so far, the only way I can see what signal and if I am connected to WIFI etc, is to double tap an invisible section at the very top of the phone and then this information pops down.

Am I missing an obvious setting here? Is there anyway to keep this information displayed at all times when on the home screen?

Thanks

No way to keep it displayed but a double tab isn't needed. A single tap or a slide motion will do.

andyrcarr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No way to keep it displayed but a double tab isn't needed. A single tap or a slide motion will do.

Thanks for the heads up, surely it's an obvious feature that's been overlooked? Do you know of any apps out there that have been built to display everything in one big wide tile?

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is NOT a minor inconvenience!! Obviously the people who think that way never use their phone in a location with a bad signal. I work in an auto part manufacturing plant and I only get a signal in 2 spots in the entire building (which is HUGE btw). And when I do get that signal, it is usually 1 bar and cuts in and out. It would be nice to have the signal displayed so I can know when I am or am not connected. This is a pretty big blow to me...I just got the 920. Maybe I should return it for the S3....

PhilipArgy

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
That would be good if it were correct, weepatc, but it does not match my experience. I have lots of 'connect to WiFi' prompts when there is no sign of a dropped connection. Definitey would like to have WiFi and cellular status permanently displayed with the time and battery status!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb