Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PhilipArgy

Greeting all,

This is my biggest grievance with my new phone so far, the only way I can see what signal and if I am connected to WIFI etc, is to double tap an invisible section at the very top of the phone and then this information pops down.

Am I missing an obvious setting here? Is there anyway to keep this information displayed at all times when on the home screen?

Thanks

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrcarr View Post
    Greeting all,

This is my biggest grievance with my new phone so far, the only way I can see what signal and if I am connected to WIFI etc, is to double tap an invisible section at the very top of the phone and then this information pops down.

Am I missing an obvious setting here? Is there anyway to keep this information displayed at all times when on the home screen?

Thanks
    No way to keep it displayed but a double tab isn't needed. A single tap or a slide motion will do.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Xsever View Post
    No way to keep it displayed but a double tab isn't needed. A single tap or a slide motion will do.
    Thanks for the heads up, surely it's an obvious feature that's been overlooked? Do you know of any apps out there that have been built to display everything in one big wide tile?

Its an intentional design, present since WP7. Never found it to be an inconvenience.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    It's a minor inconvenience, but it just takes some getting used to for those coming from other devices.

Keeping the carrier bar up at all times really ought to be an option, but there are a host of other things I'd rather see fixed/added first.

This is NOT a minor inconvenience!! Obviously the people who think that way never use their phone in a location with a bad signal. I work in an auto part manufacturing plant and I only get a signal in 2 spots in the entire building (which is HUGE btw). And when I do get that signal, it is usually 1 bar and cuts in and out. It would be nice to have the signal displayed so I can know when I am or am not connected. This is a pretty big blow to me...I just got the 920. Maybe I should return it for the S3....

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    The display bar shows automatically only when you do not have a signal. If it's not showing then you are connected.

That would be good if it were correct, weepatc, but it does not match my experience. I have lots of 'connect to WiFi' prompts when there is no sign of a dropped connection. Definitey would like to have WiFi and cellular status permanently displayed with the time and battery status!
    TG2 likes this.