Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KoukiFC3S
    Developer

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    My 920 froze, then turned off and won't turn back on. Since there's no battery to pull what do I do?

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Try holding volume down and power for 10 seconds.
    Thanked by:
    Daniel Morton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Try holding volume down and power for 10 seconds.
    will reset and delete data

That method will not delete data. I had to do the same thing on Sunday. Works fine now.
    Developer

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    plugged it into usb and it came back up. This is getting weird I might return it before I get stuck with a lemon

pike1783 is correct. It will not delete your data.

I've got a L800 and I did that it completely reset mine... Lost some important data..

Different phone, different button combinations. On the 920 that is the soft reset combo.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuufly View Post
    My 920 froze, then turned off and won't turn back on. Since there's no battery to pull what do I do?
    The same happened to mine. Although once it booted back up, everything has been fine, in fact, much better. the battery life is now good. If you can, just live with it for a day or two see what happens..

OMFG you saved my life i just about could say i love you ... thank you very much

Thank you for the soft reboot procedure. Came back to life and so far seems good.

i had the same issue except it would happen about once a day. kind of annoying. was using the down volume/power every time to restart it.
    tech support had me reset the phone. they said the old apps may be the issue. so i've been only installing apps recently made or updated. since then, phone hasn't hung so maybe they were right.

i've also learned to use the back button to go to the start screen rather than the home button. that closes the app. not sure if that helps.

Today my new Lumia 920 (bought on 24 Jan 2013) turned off on it's own and despite all attempts did not turned on. I took it to Nokia Care at Siliguri (West Bengal). But to my deepest sorrow, they failed to switch it on. They asked me to leave my set with them as it had to be sent to factory for reset/repair. I had no time. So I came back to my home. Then I tried to get some help from internet and ha ha ha, I got the solution. Just press the volume down and power buttons simultanously for 10 secs and it is done. My device is working fine with no loss of data of anything else. Great.

My windows phone turns on then turns back off then i try it again the same thing happens Help

Thank you sooooooo much. I woke up 20 minutes after my alarm was suppossed to go off for work somehow and my phone was off and wouldn't turn back on. Was freaking out so I jumped on here and was scared to open any of the pages and thankfully there was an anwser for in. Tried all the combinations and holding down the volume - and the power at the same time for about 8 seconds it started right back up and only had to wait for the time and date to reset on it's own.

I have been running into an error the last week - my phone shut off (crash?) and it wasn't until I think a complete battery drain (about 2.5 - 3 days) that I could plug it in to power it back on. After powering it up, it lasted a day and a half or so, regular use, but then it died again. I first thought it might be a battery problem, but the weirdness of it made me think it may actually be related to a software error of some type: an app - or more likely system process - crashes, making the hardware buttons unresponsive and screen disabled.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this??

Edit: I should note that i've attempted the two finger restart a number of times, to no avail. I even tried the three finger, but no dice.
    Last edited by zephjc; 03-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.

That pike guy just saved my life