Turned off, won't turn back on

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
My 920 froze, then turned off and won't turn back on. Since there's no battery to pull what do I do?

The same happened to mine. Although once it booted back up, everything has been fine, in fact, much better. the battery life is now good. If you can, just live with it for a day or two see what happens..

YSDesign

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i had the same issue except it would happen about once a day. kind of annoying. was using the down volume/power every time to restart it.
tech support had me reset the phone. they said the old apps may be the issue. so i've been only installing apps recently made or updated. since then, phone hasn't hung so maybe they were right.

i've also learned to use the back button to go to the start screen rather than the home button. that closes the app. not sure if that helps.

suryaaditi

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Today my new Lumia 920 (bought on 24 Jan 2013) turned off on it's own and despite all attempts did not turned on. I took it to Nokia Care at Siliguri (West Bengal). But to my deepest sorrow, they failed to switch it on. They asked me to leave my set with them as it had to be sent to factory for reset/repair. I had no time. So I came back to my home. Then I tried to get some help from internet and ha ha ha, I got the solution. :angel::angel::angel: Just press the volume down and power buttons simultanously for 10 secs and it is done. My device is working fine with no loss of data of anything else. Great.:excited::excited::excited:

Brock Tommas

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you sooooooo much. I woke up 20 minutes after my alarm was suppossed to go off for work somehow and my phone was off and wouldn't turn back on. Was freaking out so I jumped on here and was scared to open any of the pages and thankfully there was an anwser for in. Tried all the combinations and holding down the volume - and the power at the same time for about 8 seconds it started right back up and only had to wait for the time and date to reset on it's own.

zephjc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been running into an error the last week - my phone shut off (crash?) and it wasn't until I think a complete battery drain (about 2.5 - 3 days) that I could plug it in to power it back on. After powering it up, it lasted a day and a half or so, regular use, but then it died again. I first thought it might be a battery problem, but the weirdness of it made me think it may actually be related to a software error of some type: an app - or more likely system process - crashes, making the hardware buttons unresponsive and screen disabled.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this??

Edit: I should note that i've attempted the two finger restart a number of times, to no avail. I even tried the three finger, but no dice.

Last edited:

anonymous3214

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
My nokia is a 640.... does the same concept apply??? it dropped in water for like 3 legit 3.87 i'm seriously not stressing this enough, 3.879315 seconds and i took it out dried it orr opened it and dried off the inside there was like no water in the inside tho only on the outside........and i turned it on and it was fine, i went to the lumia page and it said to take out the sim so i did that waited 4 a while then put them all in and tried to turn it on and it didnt turn on......... it was working like nothing happened earlier tho....
:sweaty::sweaty::sweaty::sweaty::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::amaze::amaze::unhappy::unhappy::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss