Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex Rodriguez

When I upload music onto my Lumia 920 I get multiple albums with a few songs on each of the albums even though the songs are from the same album:

for example. I uploaded interpol turn on the bright lights I get the following:

Interpol: Turn on the Bright lights (NO Graphic next to it)

SONG 1, 3, 5 are in this folder

ANOTHER ICON that says TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS (with icon of the album)

song 2,4,6,7 and so forth

Why is this? these songs were ripped from a cd and then converted to WMA lossless. any suggestions?

I have the same thing, I think it has to do with album title after conversion.
    Also I believe playlists are a solid way to fix this, shouldn't have to though.
    Thanked by:

hmmm. well that really sucks. I guess i really am going to have to rip all of my cd's again. man, when one thing gets fixed another problem arises. I want ease of use and WP8 is not making this transition from apple easy.

I've had some albums showing up without the art on them for no apparent reason, also why did they change albums to sort alphabetically instead of by year this is what is really pissing me off about xbox music

I feel like WP8 is like ios was in their 2nd year. I think once all of the kinks are worked out WP8 will be the greatest mobile phone os, but until then i may have to switch back to ios. :dry
    I found this the best option we have to sync , so far. I found it on another thread but since i don't remember i'm going to share it here.

The Best Way to Sync Windows Phone 8; Not What You’d Expect | Pocketnow
    Leo Kaukidi likes this.

What Alex posted is probably the fastest way. I just tried the Windows Phone program I had installed & it works well also, not as fast as WMP though.

I really do hope they expand on the Windows Phone program, I would love to have full control over the phone with it like a combination of kies / itunes.

i want lossless audio quality

I use lossless, not flac though. L920 supports it, just not in every format & with conversion speeds being just a few seconds it is really not that long.
    WMA lossless sounds great.
    Use a program called AVS Audio converter, I have the 6.1v, it lets you customize the output file based on the input, its fantastic & very very fast, supports all formats.

hey leo, thanks for the suggestion, i have already converted my files to WMA Lossless i'm just having trouble with organization on my phone. WMP seems like a good choice to upload music but it seems it converts music to a lower bitrate when it uploads it to your phone. I do not see an option for lossless quality. the highest i see is 192kbs

Hey Molo, I just checked with my WMP I am getting 1.18 mbps. I think your file conversion program dropped down the quality.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    The solution to your problem can be fixed quite easily. Read, and let me know if it fixed your unorganized problem... cause it worked for me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...box-music.html
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520

thanks so much man! you have kept me from returning my lumia. hahaha. thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
    The solution to your problem can be fixed quite easily. Read, and let me know if it fixed your unorganized problem... cause it worked for me.

what are you using to sync loiselle?

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Does Xbox Music on Win 8 solve the syncing problems? They went on and on about Xbox Music and how easy it was to get all your content across devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post

i'm glad someone bumped this because having my albums and artists screwed up has been really annoying. I'm going to try switching off Xbox Music synch and re-import my files.

to the issue of the no background images from switching off Xbox Music the recently updated free MPAtool app should be a good way to take fix that either in bulk or manually for each artist. the update also added replacing missing album artwork in bulk so that's pretty cool. be advised though on my 920 the MPAtool generates a lot of heat and eats through the battery when manually choosing backgrounds from LastFm. i've had to break by work into chunks and let the phone cool off in between. still, it's great to have that level of control and if turning off Xbox sync fixes the organization issue then I ought to be gold.

The link provided doesn't work anymore. I'm having this issue and was wondering if there are any solutions?

seriously, this is annoying. I have a lot of artists and 3/4 of time the albums have a portion of the songs in one folder and other portion in a separate folder..for the SAME ALBUM. I'd really like help with this.
    Good going, Microsoft.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    None of my music does this, granted I had this problem when I got my first iPod years and years ago. It was caused by improper tags. I spent weeks retagging all my music. I now make sure any new music I have is properly tagged. Try looking at the tags on the albums showing in different folders. My guess is something in the tags will be different, ie album artist, year, genre etc. etc. I still have nightmares about right clicking all my mp3s and selecting get info in iTunes. /shudder

Lol these people are complaining because they have messed up tags in their library.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    Lol these people are complaining because they have messed up tags in their library.
    If all you ever have used is folders for organizing your music then I can understand it. I had the same issue back in 2003. I just thought by 2013 most everyone would have moved on to the tag based system. It is far superior to folders in almost everyway imaginable. I remember all the complaining about iTunes back when it was first available. This was also when Napster etc were still around. If you are getting your music illegally I can promise you its not tagged lol.