Music Is unorganized on phone after uploading

molokoplus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When I upload music onto my Lumia 920 I get multiple albums with a few songs on each of the albums even though the songs are from the same album:

for example. I uploaded interpol turn on the bright lights I get the following:

Interpol: Turn on the Bright lights (NO Graphic next to it)

SONG 1, 3, 5 are in this folder

ANOTHER ICON that says TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS (with icon of the album)

song 2,4,6,7 and so forth

Why is this? these songs were ripped from a cd and then converted to WMA lossless. any suggestions?

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same thing, I think it has to do with album title after conversion.
Also I believe playlists are a solid way to fix this, shouldn't have to though.

molokoplus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
hmmm. well that really sucks. I guess i really am going to have to rip all of my cd's again. man, when one thing gets fixed another problem arises. I want ease of use and WP8 is not making this transition from apple easy.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had some albums showing up without the art on them for no apparent reason, also why did they change albums to sort alphabetically instead of by year this is what is really pissing me off about xbox music

molokoplus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I feel like WP8 is like ios was in their 2nd year. I think once all of the kinks are worked out WP8 will be the greatest mobile phone os, but until then i may have to switch back to ios. :dry

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What Alex posted is probably the fastest way. I just tried the Windows Phone program I had installed & it works well also, not as fast as WMP though.

I really do hope they expand on the Windows Phone program, I would love to have full control over the phone with it like a combination of kies / itunes.

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I use lossless, not flac though. L920 supports it, just not in every format & with conversion speeds being just a few seconds it is really not that long.
WMA lossless sounds great.
Use a program called AVS Audio converter, I have the 6.1v, it lets you customize the output file based on the input, its fantastic & very very fast, supports all formats.

molokoplus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
hey leo, thanks for the suggestion, i have already converted my files to WMA Lossless i'm just having trouble with organization on my phone. WMP seems like a good choice to upload music but it seems it converts music to a lower bitrate when it uploads it to your phone. I do not see an option for lossless quality. the highest i see is 192kbs

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Does Xbox Music on Win 8 solve the syncing problems? They went on and on about Xbox Music and how easy it was to get all your content across devices.

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The solution to your problem can be fixed quite easily. Read, and let me know if it fixed your unorganized problem... cause it worked for me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/202800-major-beef-xbox-music.html
i'm glad someone bumped this because having my albums and artists screwed up has been really annoying. I'm going to try switching off Xbox Music synch and re-import my files.

to the issue of the no background images from switching off Xbox Music the recently updated free MPAtool app should be a good way to take fix that either in bulk or manually for each artist. the update also added replacing missing album artwork in bulk so that's pretty cool. be advised though on my 920 the MPAtool generates a lot of heat and eats through the battery when manually choosing backgrounds from LastFm. i've had to break by work into chunks and let the phone cool off in between. still, it's great to have that level of control and if turning off Xbox sync fixes the organization issue then I ought to be gold.

Kenntyt13

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
seriously, this is annoying. I have a lot of artists and 3/4 of time the albums have a portion of the songs in one folder and other portion in a separate folder..for the SAME ALBUM. I'd really like help with this.
Good going, Microsoft.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
None of my music does this, granted I had this problem when I got my first iPod years and years ago. It was caused by improper tags. I spent weeks retagging all my music. I now make sure any new music I have is properly tagged. Try looking at the tags on the albums showing in different folders. My guess is something in the tags will be different, ie album artist, year, genre etc. etc. I still have nightmares about right clicking all my mp3s and selecting get info in iTunes. /shudder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital