920 weight differences? white is heavier than black - why?

bitseizure

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I did a blind test with 2 black lumia 920s and 1 white 920. Four people, with their eyes closed immediately identified the white 920 as heavier than the black 920s.
Anyone have insight why?

BTW: I love the phone... the white one does vibrate with a slight rattle, but doesn't rattle when shook.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
eYpRP.gif

bitseizure

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
would have done that if I had my scale in my back pocket or on my batman tool belt or behind my pocket protector;)

thus asking if anyone else has encountered/weighed them... :)

---------- Post Merged at 02:41 PM ----------

so - which one falls faster?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
More than likely they are feeling the difference between the material - glossy vs. matte and saying that the glossy is heavier. They know its different based on the different feel, so their brain is telling them that its heavier even though it probably isn't. I bet of you had two glossy 920s and a matte one the matte would feel heavier to them.

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that you brought up the weight difference. I had exchanged a cyan for a white one. My first reaction when I hold the white one is that it is lighter than the cyan model. I was even a little worried that something is missing in the white model or the battery is a different lot with worse battery life! But the battery is still just as good as the cyan one after testing, so I conclude that the materials used for glossy or matte is different and that would explain the weight difference?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Well OP.

Since you brought up this silly topic its now your responsibility to get them weighted. Report back your findings.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
There may be a very minute difference as a result of the matte being made of a more porous material but definitely not something that any human could notice, perhaps like a couple of grams at most.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss