Any way to change notification sounds ?

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It seems I can only change my ringtone but not notification like text / email.
I have some files I would love to use for txt / email instead of the defaults.
Am I missing something ?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Settings --> ringtones + sounds. Scroll down and you'll see New Text ir IM, New voicemail and New email. You can change the sound for each one of those. I'm not a custom ringtone guy so I'm not sure if you can use your own or not.

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems like adding custom ones is either impossible or I am totally missing something ... I know for ringtones I had to rename to file to "ringtone" under the album in the file setting otherwise it would not show them as an available file to be used as a ringtone.
Anyone has experience with this ?

BearJammerz

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Settings --> ringtones + sounds. Scroll down and you'll see New Text ir IM, New voicemail and New email. You can change the sound for each one of those. I'm not a custom ringtone guy so I'm not sure if you can use your own or not.
You can use custom ring tones. Search (Apps) - Windows System - Computer - your phone - ringtones folder. Put your MP3's there.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
*sigh* No... You can use custom RINGTONES, but you can't use custom alerts for emails/texts. Leo, you're not missing anything, it was a major oversight on Microsoft's part

ahpitre

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This really sucks as the notification sounds are too weak. I keep missing many calendar appointments as the sounds are not loud enough. This is something really needed (sure miss my Android and Blackberry, which I could customize sounds). Another thing missing is having sound profiles (like in BB, or Android), where you can set for example, turn off all sounds except alarm and phone calls (great for night time (sleeping).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad