Is the offset cursor/pointer normal?

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't find this answered anywhere, but does anyone know if the cursor/pointer being offset is a normal thing with the Lumia920? For example, when I want to move the cursor to a different position in text by pressing down and holding my finger over a word, the cursor appears about an inch above where my finger is and I have to physically drag my finger down an inch just to get it back where I want the cursor to be on the word. It's a little annoying because sometimes I don't have an inch of space below the text to drag my finger so I don't know how I'm supposed to move the cursor to where my finger/word is!

Sorry I know this is a minor issue compared to the major ones surfacing with this phone (ie. unresponsive phone - happening to me at least once a day) but this 'feature' has been nagging me!

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's normal. WP has always done the offset thing. It makes sense when you realize (like I finally did) that the offset is there to so you can actually see the text where you are trying to put the cursor. Just focus on the cursor and how it moves and not your finger. I don't know how Android does it, but iOS does basically the same thing but rather than offset the cursor, it offsets the text you are touching.

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was weird at first too but, it's so much easier than trying to place the cursor on the iPhone.

---------- Post Merged at 03:39 PM ----------

I thought it was weird at first too but, it's so much easier than trying to place the cursor on the iPhone.

How so? The iPhone magnetizes the text so you can clearly see it, and places the cursor where you want it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss