Free Wireless Charging Pad for US Customers

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm better off relying on the people in this forum than those who work for the corporations themselves, I was wondering whether or not any of you knew if the Promotional Free Wireless Charging Pad (for USA customers) is strictly limited to those who purchase the device through AT&T directly? I'm trying to convert my brother to Windows and he has a $50 BestBuy coupon he doesn't want to go to waste and he is pretty keen on that free promotion as well. So, If someone purchases the Nokia Lumia 920 from a retailer other than AT&T (BestBuy in this case) is there any way they will receive the free wireless charging pad?

​Thanks guys for the help!

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't know the answer to that, but AT&T is now claiming that the promotional is only for those who ordered with a contract. I ordered a new 920 with no commitment since I have 1.5 years on my existing one and got a screen capture that shows the charging plate will ship at a later date, but AT&T is essentially calling me a liar. They really know how to annoy their customers...

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't know the answer to that, but AT&T is now claiming that the promotional is only for those who ordered with a contract. I ordered a new 920 with no commitment since I have 1.5 years on my existing one and got a screen capture that shows the charging plate will ship at a later date, but AT&T is essentially calling me a liar. They really know how to annoy their customers...

That is funny that you mention this. I called ATT to check the status of my charging plate and they stated I need to talk to the manufacture... I asked why? I thought this was a ATT promotion, and not Nokia--they responded its a Nokia. Which may be why the stores did not have any of these in stock.
I have no idea what the real story is with these chargers.... But also agree that ATT knows how to make people mad.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
That is funny that you mention this. I called ATT to check the status of my charging plate and they stated I need to talk to the manufacture... I asked why? I thought this was a ATT promotion, and not Nokia--they responded its a Nokia. Which may be why the stores did not have any of these in stock.
I have no idea what the real story is with these chargers.... But also agree that ATT knows how to make people mad.

whether its an ATT promotion or Nokia, ATT really dropped the ball on this one. They knew nothing about this phone or the charging pad and they didnt seem to care at all. They still dont care as usual

Last edited by a moderator:

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
That information is incorrect. The link below is only for people in the UK and Ireland, NOT THE US.
Yeah, he's right unfortunately. I called up BestBuy and they claim that the promotion is only through AT&T. I then used Nokia's IM chat (Because I waited 30 minutes on the phone for someone I couldn't even understand) and they said it is an only AT&T based promotion.
For some reason though I want to believe that I could get the free charging pad whether I buy it at AT&T or not. If I remember correctly the $100 i got off for the wifi issues on my Lumia 900 was receivable no matter where I bought the device (though I understand the conditions are different here).

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
The $100 credit when the 900 was released was something Nokia did in conjunction with AT&T. Anyone who had a Lumia 900 attached to their account got the $100 credit. It's not like you got it full price and used it on Straight Talk or T Mobile they sent you a $100 check.

The free charging plate is an offer that Nokia is doing in conjunction with AT&T, but instead of a service credit, you have to buy it from an AT&T store. Return the phone at Best Buy and get it from AT&T and you'll get the charging plate. Or ask someone who has a Premier account to get you one, supposedly they're only $25 for those customers. (I really need to check that out)

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
if any of you are getting this 'shyster free' on Amazon there are MANY Qi standard chargers for approx the money you will save on taxes and fees had you got it at ATT store. Energizer has a 3 spot one for $46 or so so you can charge multiple Lumias on it. If you just HAVE to have the Nokia one then yeah you will be out of luck, but any Qi standard charger will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes