Tips: Battery Life

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I see all over that people are having issues with their 920's. I know if you use your phone and don't put it down, your phone's battery will not last.
#1. Plug in your phone on an outlet at work if you are able to.
#2: Set your phone email to as items arrive or manual, do not set it to sync in xxx minutes. I notice a battery drain on gmail since it won't always let you set up as items arrive, I have it set as manual.
#3: turn off nokia drive and any background tasks.
#4: I suggest that you do not turn off find my phone, because if you loose your phone, you are SOL
#5: Turn off wifi and bluetooth if you are not using it.
#6: Turn off any live titles you do not use.
#7: have your screen brightness set to auto or low.
#8: on the Nokia 920, have your theme background on black, black pixles are not turned on with amoled screens. If you have your background as white, your screen needs more power.

Please add anything you do and I will add it to this post.

Jetrii

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a little issue with #5. Wifi traditionally uses far less power than 3G/4G.

EDIT: Ah, you mean when you're outside and not connected to wifi. Makes more sense.

Last edited:

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
#8 is false. Exactly the opposite is true. AMOLED means all pixels are individually powered...even when they are black. They are not off...that is an LCD screen
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you dont have skydrive set to auto upload. If you take a lot of videos and pics then this might be your culprit. It'll upload every pic and video you shoot so that might be draining your battery.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Turn off location services too, if you can live without it. I don't need it for anything other than maps and local search personally, both of which I use very rarely. The rest of the time it's apps querying your location for no good reason and it makes an noticeable impact on your battery life.

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No. L920 uses an LCD screen which doesnt help battery life if you switch to an all black theme. Battery drain is constant on lcd displays and doesnt depend on colors

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the tips. But if u have been reading all the issues with the batteries, then you should all your tips have been discussed and mentioned to death.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro