AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

My chat transcript (10 minutes ago):

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'S'

S:
Hello Ms. xxx, thank you for chatting in with AT&T customer service. I can assist you with your questions. What seems to be the issue

Me:
Hello. I purchased the Lumia 920 on November 9th for $99. The Black Friday price for this phone will be $49. Can I get a price match credit for this lower price?

S:
I apologize, but that offer is only available available at retail locations from 11/23 through 11/25 as part of a special deal. We cannot price match past orders based on that future deal, although you are certainly free to use that offer for additional devices if you'd like.

S:
We are aware that several websites have had some rumors spreading within them about this adjustment, but the claims are not valid. These adjustments are not warranted.

Me:
I see, but many people at those websites were already given the credit.

S:
The websites are invalid.

S:
And they werent given a credit for that. They were given credits for being mis informed.

Me:
I see.

S:
The only website that is giving the correct information

S:
is our website

S:
But

S:
I can give you a credit for not being educated correctly

S:
as a one time courtesy

Me:
Wow, that's fantastic.

S:
Also, I am seeing that you received a 50.00 credit 11/18?

Me:
Yes, when I purchased the phone, the salesman said I qualified for a $50 credit upon activation.

S:
Okay. so that would be what the courtesy would be being that you requested it on sunday.

Me:
yes, after seeing the credit he promised was not reflected on my bill, I called

S:
Okay. so that will be what the credit would be . I can count that as the 50.00 that you requested for today.

S:
So you will see the credit next cycle

Me:
so you are not giving me the additional credit then?

S:
yes. You are receiving a 20$ credit from me for being mis informed, On top of the 50.00 that the rep gave you. When given credits we note the account on the limit

Me:
Oh I see, that's still great, thank you!

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

My chat transcript (10 minutes ago):

S:
But

S:
I can give you a credit for not being educated correctly

S:
as a one time courtesy

Me:
Wow, that's fantastic.

Seriously, though. That's crazy but pretty awesome customer relations. After years of T-Mobile, I'm really liking AT&T so far.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
called and spoke with CS rep, said i'm still within the 14 days, i can return the phones and purchase them again on Friday to take advantage of the sale but they cannot credit my account as the sale is not going on right now. pushed and pushed, no leeway.

called back about 15 minutes later and spoke with a CS supervisor. told me that the 49.99$ Lumia 920 sale on black Friday is a rumor and that everyone who has received a credit due to this fraudulent ad and email will be contacted and the credit will be reversed shortly. said this is all a scam/hoax.

that is bs! When I called the rep that I spoke to said they got a memo about the sale and to expect calls for credits.

jayruguitar

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Told the wife this morning about the sale price. She calls 611 after work and talks to Jesus. No fuss, gave her the $50 credit for both our 920's and waived activation fees + taxes. $216 total credit. I love my wife. 😍

FullofGlia

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Worked for me, after an hour of chat with 3 different people. Pasting in some of the chat threads people posted is what put it over the edge. They seemed to respond to the argument that other customers were getting discounts more than the idea that I should get a credit for a sale (which I think is pretty legit).

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Via chat they are hassling me. They told me that the link I sent via chat: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html is a blog and not an official att website. I told her that was incorrect and that their email (which I got) was clickable this is the link that it sent to.

Time to try via phone. Hoping that being a premier customer/business solutions customer works to my advantage.

nokiy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

First did online chat... No go. Called 611...No go. Read through this thread. Got onto chat and posted this: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html Ask for 50.00 credit. The response was instant. The wireless charger, not so much. Thanks everyone for posting such useful information!

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I called them today and was told to call them back later :( (premier account)

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I called them today and was told to call them back later :( (premier account)

I went through two chats and was turned down. Called 611 (premier account) once and was given $68, lol.

xflier

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I got my 50$ back without any trouble.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Called 611 after chat was unsuccessful and was told that since I bought it in the store I have to request the refund at the store. What a bunch of BS. I'll try again tomorrow via phone, if that doesn't work I'll try again via chat and phone on Friday and worse case I'll go to the store then if they want to pull that crap.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Finally got the credit. $100 for two 920s. Took 3 chats and a phone call. The agent said they have been getting a LOT of these calls.

EDIT: The rep said he was going to credit me $100 but actually ended up crediting me $201.76. Score.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

i just got $120 credit on my bill. i called into at&t from 611 on my lumia and talk to a guy that had an accent like he was from saudi arabia. he didnt know about the black friday sale so he actually looked it up and was happy about it because now he would be able to get one for himself. he thanked me for letting him know about it. so he ended up giving me $120 credit on my bill (that took effect right away). he said it was the black friday promo plus a thanksgiving sale credit. so basically i got the lumia 920 for free. when he told me $120 credit i was pretty shocked. thank you wpcentral for the heads up.

Ceez

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Got shot down on Live Chat stating that the link (http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html) was NOT from them, lol.

I just got off the phone with a phone rep and she was very kind but unfortunately said her manager is advising them to not apply the credits since the sale wasn't active and the best thing to do would be to go to the actual retail store I purchased it from to try and receive a credit. I'm just going to try again Friday, I suppose. She at least looked into the status of my wireless charging plate. :z

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Got shot down on Live Chat stating that the link (http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html) was NOT from them, lol.

I just got off the phone with a phone rep and she was very kind but unfortunately said her manager is advising them to not apply the credits since the sale wasn't active and the best thing to do would be to go to the actual retail store I purchased it from to try and receive a credit. I'm just going to try again Friday, I suppose. She at least looked into the status of my wireless charging plate. :z

I got the same answer from chat, and the same answer from the phone call. I'll try once again via phone in the morning. Otherwise I'm hitting up chat and phone on Friday. (last possible day) worse case I'll go to the store and talk to a manager.

Was the chat agents "name" shannon? I wonder if you got the same one as me.

THE_HisBoyElroy

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I just got off chat with Billing. $50 credit on the way. Easy peasy and no static back from the rep at all.

I have to say that I heard nothing but horror stories about AT&T customer service (I just came over from T-Mobile to get the 920), but I've received nothing but exemplary service so far, both at the store and online.

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site

They game $205 back for all 4 920s I bought. WOOT. Took only 5 minutes on the phone.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs