AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

koldmiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Just got off chat with ATT. Getting $109 credit on my next bill for the two Lumia's. I just said I saw walmart selling for $49 and that they were going to sell it on Friday for $49.
Agent said no problem asked me to wait a min, then came back and said the credit would be on my next statement.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Guess I'm unlucky, the online chat guy refused to do it. Saying internet rumors don't apply to Att. I'll try again later to get someone else

Just try again. You aren't unlucky, the guy was just misinformed and trying to be cute.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

This worked literally in five minutes. Did the online chat, was asked when I bought the phone and for how much. Was immediately offered the $50 credit as a "one time courtesy" even though they don't "match retail store pricing". Easy as that. Thanks for the tip guys.

MonsterMag

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I just got turned down via the chat as they "do not match a 1 time price reduction". Explained that I was a premier customer and that did not sway them.

Vaas

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to those who keep getting turned down. I wish AT&T would stop the BS and just give it out to everyone. I am in Virginia, so its not only a West Coast thing, however I did order online if that might make a difference.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I just got turned down via the chat as they "do not match a 1 time price reduction". Explained that I was a premier customer and that did not sway them.

Keep trying. You do eventually get a hold of someone that can help you. When you get the rejection and they counter your rebuttal just end the call/chat and try again.

mcbredditor

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I have tried the live chat over 12 times... To no avail, I have had half of those reps become rude smartasses with me and talk down to me. I want to return both of my phones to AT&T and set the building on fire.

YeahMon360

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I am in the midwest, and I bought two 920 devices on launch day OFF CONTRACT. One from ATT Online, and one directly from the store. I just went on chat, and after some coercing, received $100 credit to my account. So it DOES work for off-contract phones. I just never said I bought them off-contract. And they didn't ask. Now I am trying to get my free charge pads.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I have tried the live chat over 12 times... To no avail, I have had half of those reps become rude smartasses with me and talk down to me. I want to return both of my phones to AT&T and set the building on fire.

Before you do that, Milton, try calling them. I save the transcripts from my chats with AT&T for this very reason. You might even get a credit just for the harassment alone.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

I did the chat thing last night and worked like a charm. I even bought the phone at a Microsoft store, so not through AT&T brick and mortar OR online. My rep had nothing to say about it being a one time courtesy. Link below to a screenshot. :)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FAB7FBEAAA8A6B9!165&authkey=!AANu_OzX3xrNgls
(If you are confused by the rep calling me Mr. Soto versus Mr. Sziklassy, Soto is my wife's maiden name, and she is the one who opened the account, but the rep realized his error).

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

I was planning on picking one up on Friday...but now after seeing the ad is basically only good for west coast states, i'm concerned.
The ad may say so, but I am just about as east coast as you can get. :)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Ummm...you better hope none of their buildings actually burn down in the next few days...:D

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Also, my wife got the email from ATT yesterday and didn't notice it started on Friday. She went yesterday, and they ordered the phones and noted they will give her $100 credit on the first bill. Not bad.

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone here managed to get a $50 credit for matching the BF sale for Lumia920's purchased from the Microsoft Store?

mcbredditor

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Before you do that, Milton, try calling them. I save the transcripts from my chats with AT&T for this very reason. You might even get a credit just for the harassment alone.

Who is Milton? And I don't have any chats saved. On my last (12th) chat, I danced on the line with the one rep. Christine. She was talking down to me, so I fired back. I didn't curse, I threatened that I will switch to Verizon etc, and I told her that she needs to learn her job, because she failed.

Idk, i'm burnt out. Im pissed, my battery life is ****ed and I can't get a credit.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Who is Milton? And I don't have any chats saved. On my last (12th) chat, I danced on the line with the one rep. Christine. She was talking down to me, so I fired back. I didn't curse, I threatened that I will switch to Verizon etc, and I told her that she needs to learn her job, because she failed.

Idk, i'm burnt out. Im pissed, my battery life is ****ed and I can't get a credit.

Milton is a character from the movie office space and throughout the movie he threatened to set the building on fire and eventually did. try again, they have to price match

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Please try again, Maybe call this time and it might work. Worked for me. I even got the tax refund.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

They opened a case for me... That was yesterday, I'm supposed to hear back from them and haven't yet.

mcbredditor

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

They told me a commitment team will contact me on Friday at 11am concerning the credit. However, the phone has been bricked for the past hour. I'm taking it back to AT&T.

gwip

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I got the credit (with tax) as well. First contacted ATT through chat and they told me I'd have to contact ecom to get the rebate. After being shuffled around and talking with a 4th CS Rep (because no one knew if they were allowed to give the credit) they finally gave me my credit. I tried to be as nice as possible, threatening anything won't get you anywhere, but finally told the rep I was still in my return period and I could return it and pick it up on BF but didn't want to hassle with them not having phones in stock. They finally gave in and said since I was a long standing customer that they would honor the credit. I think the key is mentioning that you know it has been honored and you are still able to return the phone anyway. Just be nice and someone along the way will eventually credit your account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros