AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Just got credited $100 on my account for the two Lumias on my family plan purchased last weekend. First CS representative I talked to refused to do it. He said he spoke to his manager and then she told him that we would have to go into the store we bought it from and it was up tot he manager's discretion whether or not to offer the refund. I asked to speak to that manager, told her my story, and also included the fact that I am a customer of over a decade, and could just refund the two lines and leave AT&T as my contracts were up in October without any ETF. Also mentioned that other people were speaking with CS representatives and were getting their bill credited. She extended the $100 as a 'one-time courtesy', but again reiterated that it should have be an in-store process and that any other CS representatives who offered the credit were 'wrong and shouldn't have done that'.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I understand why some people won't get it --- they're trying to drive sales of the undecided voters to come over to the Nokia. This is good and hopefully gets people on the Lumia. Here is a short piece of the chat I had:
__
Maria: I was browsing at the order details you paid $99.99 for that correct? the link that you have provided to me has an offer of $49.99 from 11/23-11/25 in the Company-owned-retail locations.
Guppy: That is correct
Maria: The offer hasn't started and this is on a limited stock at a limited time. I understand you will not be able to take advantage of it.
Guppy: Alright
Guppy: I figured I would check anyways
Maria: Here's what I am going to do, you are a valued customer of AT&T, I will go ahead and give you a one time adjustment of $30.00 on your wireless account.
__

Super helpful and she spent ~7 minutes looking for the deal since their browsers are blocked from visiting the link I gave her. I didn't get the full credit but I got more than I expected. Best service so far.

Basically sales of the Lumia 920 will be limited to inventory on hand and no rainchecks will be offered. That's typical Black Friday sales legalese that is provided to keep the vendor from having to take a $50 hit on hundreds or thousands of devices post-Black Friday. Still, it's a price reduction that happened within the 14 day return window of purchasing the Lumia 920. They can say you would have purchased the device whether it was $49.99 or $99.99. They would be correct, but you would have possibly waited as well and for that you shouldn't be penalized for being an early adopter. Get your $50 credit.

kevinxb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Once again AT&T shows just how inconsistent they can be. I tried chatting with 2 different reps, the first I selected sales/orders as my chat issue. The second time I tried billing. The first told me they don't do price matching at all. The second told me she couldn't access the link and that my only option would be to return the phones and repurchase them when the promotion starts. I'll try calling customer service later.

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Like most things AT&T this chat is not going well.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I chatted with an agent and got nada. She said I would have to return to the point of sale, and I explained I would be out of town for the holidays. I guess I'll have to try again in a few minutes.

Is it confirmed that the sale price includes the wireless charger? On another charger note, my store has still received none of those devices.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Also mentioned that other people were speaking with CS representatives and were getting their bill credited. She extended the $100 as a 'one-time courtesy', but again reiterated that it should have be an in-store process and that any other CS representatives who offered the credit were 'wrong and shouldn't have done that'.

I'm all about taking the time to educate consumers but why should anyone have to be audience to comments like this? The problem is on the other side of the coin if the credits should not have been offered. I'm telling you, if a customer calls in and asks for the credit they will get it. Whether it is the first call, the second call or the third call - they will get it. You have to act on it now, though. Would you want to be the Customer Service Supervisor or Manager that received 5% or more of the calls requesting the $50 credit and your group handed them out? I'm sure they don't want to do it for everyone otherwise that adjustment would already be on our accounts.

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm all about taking the time to educate consumers but why should anyone have to be audience to comments like this? The problem is on the other side of the coin if the credits should not have been offered. I'm telling you, if a customer calls in and asks for the credit they will get it. Whether it is the first call, the second call or the third call - they will get it. You have to act on it now, though. Would you want to be the Customer Service Supervisor or Manager that received 5% or more of the calls requesting the $50 credit and your group handed them out? I'm sure they don't want to do it for everyone otherwise that adjustment would already be on our accounts.

I completely agree, but this is AT&T we're talking about. When have they ever done anything that makes sense.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Chat agent would not give me the credit. Said I had to go to the store where I ordered my phone to get it.

I went through billing. He asked me if he had resolved my issue and I said no, because I was going to have to go to the store to get the credit. He then asked me to provide positive feedback on the survey that would pop up when I closed the chat session. I was going to dink him for not resolving my issue, but I did not get the survey.:lol:

Last edited:

whoaty55

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Sure did, but her reply was....you can return it but you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks for another because they're all out of stock. No help

Just tried online chat again. SUCCESS!!!!!!!! Received a credit in the amount of $51.90. Second time is a charm. She started with the same line about not price matching but after sending her a couple of links, she agreed to a one time credit to my account. Thanks fellas!!!!! and thank you to the nice online chat lady!!!!!

So the run down.... purchased the phone from a store location for $49 because they didn't have the free charging plates in stock. They said i could come back and purchase the charging plate for $49 which would even out the price. Didn't go back. Called customer service and asked about the free charging plate...they said they would send me one free of charge because the retail location didn't have stock. So I'm at $49 for phone the and the charger. Just called and got a credit for 51.90. In the end....they paid me $2.90 to take a lumia 920 and a charging plate. LOL..... I think i took it a little far.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Damn, I knew I'd have no luck with this...

Nattrese McKinley: I understand your concern and I am very sorry for the misinformation. I have confirmed that we are not refunding prices differences due to Black Friday promotions.

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Didn't work for me, she said no way I was getting money back. Even though I'm STILL owed a wireless charger. I wish they'd be more consistent.

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Guitar, I talked to Nattrese too! lol. Got the same answer.

To those who were successful, who did you speak with? Let us know. :)

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

could someone higher up the att food chain caught on to this and told the agents to stop giving credit?

hb2p

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I was just told I had to go back to the store and return my phone and then re-buy. So I asked about the credit as that would be easier. She said she couldn't do that.

Go figure ???

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like a senior manager or something caught on and stopped it now. My advice: call CS on Black Friday, say your saw it in store, and don't let them get you off the phone until they've given you a credit.

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Here in Oregon ATT will charge you a restocking fee of 35 dollars if you return the phone. FYI.

wb84

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just got credited back $100 for my two Lumia 920's that I purchased. I got Rosemarie on the chat and there was no hassle at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3