Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Chat agent would not give me the credit. Said I had to go to the store where I ordered my phone to get it.

I went through billing. He asked me if he had resolved my issue and I said no, because I was going to have to go to the store to get the credit. He then asked me to provide positive feedback on the survey that would pop up when I closed the chat session. I was going to dink him for not resolving my issue, but I did not get the survey.:lol:
    Last edited by Necroscope; 11-20-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by whoaty55 View Post
    Sure did, but her reply was....you can return it but you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks for another because they're all out of stock. No help
    Just tried online chat again. SUCCESS!!!!!!!! Received a credit in the amount of $51.90. Second time is a charm. She started with the same line about not price matching but after sending her a couple of links, she agreed to a one time credit to my account. Thanks fellas!!!!! and thank you to the nice online chat lady!!!!!

So the run down.... purchased the phone from a store location for $49 because they didn't have the free charging plates in stock. They said i could come back and purchase the charging plate for $49 which would even out the price. Didn't go back. Called customer service and asked about the free charging plate...they said they would send me one free of charge because the retail location didn't have stock. So I'm at $49 for phone the and the charger. Just called and got a credit for 51.90. In the end....they paid me $2.90 to take a lumia 920 and a charging plate. LOL..... I think i took it a little far.

Damn, I knew I'd have no luck with this...

Nattrese McKinley: I understand your concern and I am very sorry for the misinformation. I have confirmed that we are not refunding prices differences due to Black Friday promotions.

Didn't work for me, she said no way I was getting money back. Even though I'm STILL owed a wireless charger. I wish they'd be more consistent.

Guitar, I talked to Nattrese too! lol. Got the same answer.

To those who were successful, who did you speak with? Let us know. :)

could someone higher up the att food chain caught on to this and told the agents to stop giving credit?

I was just told I had to go back to the store and return my phone and then re-buy. So I asked about the credit as that would be easier. She said she couldn't do that.

Go figure ???

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Sounds like a senior manager or something caught on and stopped it now. My advice: call CS on Black Friday, say your saw it in store, and don't let them get you off the phone until they've given you a credit.

Here in Oregon ATT will charge you a restocking fee of 35 dollars if you return the phone. FYI.

Just got credited back $100 for my two Lumia 920's that I purchased. I got Rosemarie on the chat and there was no hassle at all.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon.dowling View Post
    I went through billing.
    Thanks. Billing was unavailable when I checked but now I'm with someone. I'll report back.
    Previous Portable Windows Devices: Compaq iPAQ 3630, HP iPAQ 4700, HTC Tilt, Samsung Focus

HOLY MOLY THANKS OP and THANK YOU ATT customer service.

got my credit and some
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It is going to be hit or miss. Keep trying. Be persistent in your efforts - that doesn't mean be rude to the Customer Service reps you reach.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    It's a no go. I was advised to "visit the Authorized Retail Store you purchased your Lumia 920's from and ask for a refund of the difference."

I'm chatting with Betty Joseph. I said the initial info and she just asked me about the free charging plate. I don't like where this is going.
    Previous Portable Windows Devices: Compaq iPAQ 3630, HP iPAQ 4700, HTC Tilt, Samsung Focus
    brandonries likes this.

I was able to get a $50 credit through the online chat. She initially told me that I have to go the store to get my credit since I bought it there. I argued the point that I dont want to have to make special trips this holiday season to get a credit for something I bought from them. She said since I have been a valued member since 2004, she was going to go ahead and give me the $50 credit. So, between the store messing up and only charging me $49 for the phone, +$50 credit today, I got the phone for free and still got the wireless charging base. Happy holidays to me! :P

Lol as I was reading this I was getting bummed until I got to the end....

Maya Lavigne: The offer online is only available on AT&T retail store and is from November 23 to 25 only. Since you are a valued customer of AT&T, I will process the credit for you.

I just got $61 credit to my account. $50 + other taxes.. Here is the chat session. I replaced my name with "ME" and att& rep's name with "ATT REP":

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Lynn Potts'
    ME: hey
    ME: you there?
    ATT REP: Hello Mr. "my last name", I will have to see if we are offering any adjustment on this device.
    ME: please look at the link:
    ME: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQq...i76jH/doc.html
    ME: i called local at&t office and told them about this
    ME: and they suggested me to chat or call you guys as I have ordered it online
    ME: please help me
    ATT REP: Okay, what price did you pay for device?
    ME: $99.99
    ATT REP: I do apologize I cannot see that link from my location, let me see what credit I can apply.
    ME: in the link it says $49.99
    ME: so I should get $50
    ME: even the local office guys agreed but they asked me to call/chat with you guys as my order is ONLINE
    ME: Here is the link again:
    ME: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQq...i76jH/doc.html
    ATT REP: Yes however they would need to return the device you have now and get it on that day which is currently on back order so I can adjust your account with a $50.00 one time courtesy as we do not generally price match with credits.
    ATT REP: One moment to apply. I cannot view Internet links sorry.
    ME: ok, so you are applying $50 credit to my account?
    ATT REP: Total Credit: $61.00 new balance is $-61.00.
    ATT REP: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
    ME: what do you mean by $61
    ME: did you credit $50 or $61
    ME: ?
    ME: please let me know clearly... thanks
    ATT REP: I applied monthly service credit and the total came to $61 since taxes were included so I took off that amount $61.00. total
    ME: gotcha
    ME: thank you so much@
    ME: so much!
    ATT REP: You are welcome.
    ATT REP: We value your business and thank you for visiting AT&T. You may click the close button to end your session.
    Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    @kofq that's cool. Glad it worked for you.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i just got a $57.41 credit! thanks man :)
    kofqueens likes this.

i agreed with you. i got nowhere chatting with them so i decided to call them and talk to them directly in politely manner way and they credited $125 to my account. I wonder why $125 but not $99.99 for 2 phones. but like i said, there is no need to be pushy and upset. thanks. jp

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Called 611 and they credited my account. But not until the rep told me that "since you've been a long time ATT customer, I will do this one time deal for you." I thought to myself "yeah right. I really have been a long time ATT customer and I have heard that many times before." But thank you :)

i spoke to mary b. she even sent me a confirmation email about my $125 credited to my account. thanks. jp

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Which option are you guys using when chatting?

Call 611, confirm your number, press 0 twice. Goes straight to a rep.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast