AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

HOLY MOLY THANKS OP and THANK YOU ATT customer service.

got my credit and some :cool:

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

It is going to be hit or miss. Keep trying. Be persistent in your efforts - that doesn't mean be rude to the Customer Service reps you reach.

brandonries

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

It's a no go. I was advised to "visit the Authorized Retail Store you purchased your Lumia 920's from and ask for a refund of the difference."

mamilo1

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm chatting with Betty Joseph. I said the initial info and she just asked me about the free charging plate. I don't like where this is going.

Drugar

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I was able to get a $50 credit through the online chat. She initially told me that I have to go the store to get my credit since I bought it there. I argued the point that I dont want to have to make special trips this holiday season to get a credit for something I bought from them. She said since I have been a valued member since 2004, she was going to go ahead and give me the $50 credit. So, between the store messing up and only charging me $49 for the phone, +$50 credit today, I got the phone for free and still got the wireless charging base. Happy holidays to me! :p

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Lol as I was reading this I was getting bummed until I got to the end....

Maya Lavigne: The offer online is only available on AT&T retail store and is from November 23 to 25 only. Since you are a valued customer of AT&T, I will process the credit for you.

kofqueens

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I just got $61 credit to my account. $50 + other taxes.. Here is the chat session. I replaced my name with "ME" and att& rep's name with "ATT REP":

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Lynn Potts'
ME: hey
ME: you there?
ATT REP: Hello Mr. "my last name", I will have to see if we are offering any adjustment on this device.
ME: please look at the link:
ME: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html
ME: i called local at&t office and told them about this
ME: and they suggested me to chat or call you guys as I have ordered it online
ME: please help me
ATT REP: Okay, what price did you pay for device?
ME: $99.99
ATT REP: I do apologize I cannot see that link from my location, let me see what credit I can apply.
ME: in the link it says $49.99
ME: so I should get $50
ME: even the local office guys agreed but they asked me to call/chat with you guys as my order is ONLINE
ME: Here is the link again:
ME: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html
ATT REP: Yes however they would need to return the device you have now and get it on that day which is currently on back order so I can adjust your account with a $50.00 one time courtesy as we do not generally price match with credits.
ATT REP: One moment to apply. I cannot view Internet links sorry.
ME: ok, so you are applying $50 credit to my account?
ATT REP: Total Credit: $61.00 new balance is $-61.00.
ATT REP: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
ME: what do you mean by $61
ME: did you credit $50 or $61
ME: ?
ME: please let me know clearly... thanks
ATT REP: I applied monthly service credit and the total came to $61 since taxes were included so I took off that amount $61.00. total
ME: gotcha
ME: thank you so much@
ME: so much!
ATT REP: You are welcome.
ATT REP: We value your business and thank you for visiting AT&T. You may click the close button to end your session.
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

@kofq that's cool. Glad it worked for you.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

i just got a $57.41 credit! thanks man :)

john phan

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

i agreed with you. i got nowhere chatting with them so i decided to call them and talk to them directly in politely manner way and they credited $125 to my account. I wonder why $125 but not $99.99 for 2 phones. but like i said, there is no need to be pushy and upset. thanks. jp

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

Called 611 and they credited my account. But not until the rep told me that "since you've been a long time ATT customer, I will do this one time deal for you." I thought to myself "yeah right. I really have been a long time ATT customer and I have heard that many times before." But thank you :)

john phan

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

i spoke to mary b. she even sent me a confirmation email about my $125 credited to my account. thanks. jp

vemulasri

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

Which option are you guys using when chatting?

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I did this a week or 2 ago when walmart.com had it for $49.99. I was able to get a $50 credit then. Wondering if I should try my luck for another $50, lol...

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I got denied. Was told I need to go into the store to get the credit and bring my orignal reciept. I challenged nicely and said I am a long time customer--its hard for me to believe I am forced to go to the store and be inconvienced. I will try the online chat again and see what happens. My rep even went as far as calling the retail store and bringing the manger on the phone line with me.

With all the hassle they put everyone through it probably cost att more than 50 dollars... and I am still left being an unhappy customer required to go to the store on black friday. lol

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I went to online chat, explained the situation and provided the link to the special, she gave me 2 options, to return the device or to get a credit on my current bill. I picked the credit. She took care if it. im very happy :) now i gotta go to the store and see if i can order my charging pad.

I got the same 2 options but over the phone. I chose the credit of course ($100 because I bought two 920's).

As a tip, just kindly remind them that you are within the 14 day return period. They would rather give you the credit than have to go thru the dilemma of exchanging/sending phones back etc...

sasha055

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Worked like a charm for me! chatted online with a guy and he gave me $58.65 credit
Thanks for advice!

PS: I told him that I want to return the phone and get a cheap one. He tried to convince me that I would have to pay 36$ re-stocking fee so giving me a credit would be best...

thrashernb

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Got mine, just chatted with rep and told them what the situation was. Had no problems, I had just purchased the phone at an AT&T store 4 days ago though. Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3