AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Had no luck by chat, was told I'd have to return to the store and return the phone and "rebuy it" for the lower price, ridiculous but he was nice about it. I said thanks and immediately called where I got an enterprise CSR that quickly refunded the $52.70 or whatever it was.

Yeah at&t!

fsmith328#AC

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Thanks for the heads up. I called the 1-800 number and the rep just credited my account $50.

soloist_huaxin

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

tried chat, "Luis" said can't do it on his/her side, suggested calling store. Since I did put in order in store I think that might be worth a try.

timmyisme22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Just got off the phone with AT&T billing (live chat on website does not have access to account according to the chat representative) and got credit for two phones, one being in store and the other being an online order. The charger that was ordered with the online order should arrive today as well (no idea on the in store current where-abouts as no tracking information is available).

Double wammo of success!

*EDIT*
Forgot to mention. Just call 611 and go through billing. Took less than 10 minutes in total mainly because I was reading and had to re-hear the auto options to route through :p

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Here is my experince:

Called At&T and asked them if they could refund me the price difference... plain and simple NO. Infact, the rep raised her voice a bit because she was founding it ridiculous.

So after a while, called AT&T again and this time spoke with a supervisor After convincing here, that it was legit and AT&T reps themselves were honoring the price match... she credit 50$ to my current billing statement.

Moral here, please fight for you 50 dollars, don't let it go. They will honor it.

Lenas

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Just got off the phone with AT&T billing (live chat on website does not have access to account according to the chat representative)...

Definitely not true. I had AT&T billing live chat credit me $25 the other day and another $80 on my next month's bill because they messed up my account. Tried charging me for two separate accounts instead of a family plan + 1 line, haha.

Banner18

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

I purchased 2 920s (my wife and I)...

They offered me %50 back for a total of $50...

I nicely mentioned to the chat agent that I was disappointed in that since there were so many people getting the full amount back online...

They then gave me the full refund...

I am waiting for it to show up but they promised it would in a few minutes...

bearsoxfan

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Nice! I'm on chat now... I've had issues with the free wireless charging plate order that was made on the 10th. I had 2 different reps tell me that it would arrive soon. Then had the 2nd rep tell me I should have it by this past Saturday and told me the order number was the shipping number with UPS, which was totally WRONG! So I through that in their face to get my $50 credit. Probably not necessary but it was worth the extra shot!

BENNIEV

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Worked for Me!! Also dropped one of my Upgrade Fees (I didn't even ask for this, she just said, hey, I may be able to drop one of your upgrade fees!) Say what u want about AT&T but I've had them for 10+ years and they've always taken care of me...

Customer Service!

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Update: First time denied in chat and was told to talk to store. When and talked via chat again stating it would be a bit of an inconvience to go out on black friday to the store for a price match. CSR agreed and credited me back the 50 dollars for being a long term customer. :)

Lurgid

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Success here, for a quick and easy $100, though wireless billing chat.

David Aaron Parker: Thank you for chatting with AT&T, Mr. X! I can see that you are inquiring about the price of Lumia 920. Did you make an upgrade lately?

ME: Yes, I just switched over to AT&T and bought two new Lumia 920s at a corporate owned store less than 14 days ago.

ME: And I see that there is going to be a "Black Friday" deal of $49 on those phonees

David Aaron Parker: How much did you pay for the each device?

ME: was wondering if I would be able to get some sort of price match instead of going down to the corporate store to return and repurchase this weekend

ME: $99 each device

David Aaron Parker: Thank you.

David Aaron Parker: You will receive an adjustment of $50 each device equivalent to $100 in total. Let me process the adjustment request for you.

ME: Excellent, David. THank you!

David Aaron Parker: I am just waiting for the system's response.

ME: ok

David Aaron Parker: I was able to complete the adjustment request. your current balance now is $58.24. You will see the update online within 24 to 72 hours. You can also download a free application in att.com for the self service option called MyAtt app. Do you have any other concerns that I may assist you with?

ME: Nope. Have a great day and happy holidays.

David Aaron Parker: You are welcome. I am glad that I was able to complete your request. It is my deepest pleasure to give assistance to you. Happy holiday as well Mr. X!

David Aaron Parker: We value your business and thank you for visiting AT&T. You may click the close button to end your session.

sud123

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

A no go for me. Tried and tried. Spoke to online chat. Even the manager said they don't offer credits for this. Tried to argue my point......no luck.

I had the same issue. Tried a second time. Was really polite and finally got the credit.

thelern

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I got the credit too. The lady first asked me if I had the black or high gloss one. She acted like the high gloss ones are not included. I have the black one so I had no problems just wondering if that is the cause of some of the differences.

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

one agent wouldn't and told me to go to store and return it. The other agent reluctantly said they would give a credit. Going through now. Thanks!

Kmaki

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

In my first chat the agent said I would need to talk to my local store and he couldn't do anything. I tried again a few hours later and she said that even though the sale isn't going to be in my state, she would make a credit as a one-time courtesy. I got $56.25 credited. Thanks for the motivation to go for this!

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

Too bad this is for upgrades only and not for off contract price :(

SCDavis

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

I went through Billing and this is how I asked...
"I just purchased my Lumia 920 on Saturday and I came across an ad for the same phone for $49.99 instead of 99.99 and I'm wondering if I can get a credit for the difference?"

They pulled up my account and lowered my next bill $50... good find!

-SCDavis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3