AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

TeamRadicus

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Polite is definitely the way to go:

info: You are now chatting with 'Peggy MacLean'
Me: Hello - happy pre-Thanksgiving!
Peggy MacLean: Hello, Ms. X
Peggy MacLean: Thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I can help you with your bill. As a valued customer, I will ensure that you are getting the best value for your money with AT&T.
Me: I wanted to ask about an email I received advertising the Lumia 920 for $49 on Black Friday - I got one from my local store for $99 :-(
Peggy MacLean: I am sorry to hear the price dropped for the phone , I can help with this. Please allow me a moment to access your account.
Me: Thank you
Peggy MacLean: Please allow me a moment to fine the order .
Me: Thanks
Peggy MacLean: Did you activate service at a retail location ?
Me: Yes - No MoPac in Austin TX
Peggy MacLean: I sincerely apologize for the delay. I assure you that it is my goal to resolve all your issues as quickly as possible.
Me: No problem - thanks for your help
Peggy MacLean: I am applying a $50.00 credit toward the account, it will just take a few moment to apply.
Me: Thanks
Peggy MacLean: Your balance was $147.80 and your new balance is $97.80 on 12/01/2012 .
Peggy MacLean: Is there anything else I can help you with today ?
Me: Super- thank you very much for your help, and have a happy Thanksgiving!
Peggy MacLean: Your welcome. Happy Thanksgiving
Peggy MacLean: We value your business and thank you for visiting AT&T. You may click the close button to end your session.
Me: Thanks - bye!

Credorion

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I was just able to get my 50$ credit talking with CSR in through the chat interface. Now just waiting to see it appear on my statement.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I got a $50 credit on my second chat attempt.

soloist_huaxin

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

tried a second time and the SAME rep picked it up...what are the odds?

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Called up ATT on the 611 number, connected to the sales department, and told about the situation. Got the $50 credit in my ATT bill, and got the email confirmation as well. 5 min is all it took. Thanks guys!!

emergenic

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

Confirmed! $50 credited to my bill! (via Chat) - Will pickup 3x more L920's for my wife and kids on Friday!. :-]

Thanks to OP for Tip.
Thanks AT&T

jahirsino1

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I finally got $52.80 credited to my account after 6 attempts. 2 on the phone and 4 chats. Keep trying guys if you get rejected

MR.WaynesWorld

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Just got off the phone with AT&T. After I explained what I have been reading she asked me to hold for a minute or two. When she came back on the line she told me she talked to her manager and stated that they were not offering a price match on the Lumia 920 but they would still give me a one time credit of $50.00 on my bill. The way I look at it $50.00 is $50.00 no matter how you look at it. And I ended up getting the phone for free and paying the $50 for the wireless charging stand... End result $50.00 for phone and Wireless charging stand... WooHoo....

knutzin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I finally got $52.80 credited to my account after 6 attempts. 2 on the phone and 4 chats. Keep trying guys if you get rejected

Ditto, chatted first was denied, called thrice was told since I ordered in the store had to go to the store, finally chatted again and requested them to do it online!
as another poster said, u have to fight for it, dont give up :)

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Online chat got me 50.00 :)
Emirose Mercer: I am now in the process of crediting your account of $50 for this promotion.
Me: Oh, awesome! Thank you
Emirose Mercer: You're most welcome.
Emirose Mercer: Balance in your account is now showing -$54.22. Since you already paid the bill the credit will apply on your next bill.
Me: :)
Me: Thanks a million
Emirose Mercer: You're most welcome. It's been my pleasure assisting you today. Will there be anything else that I can be of help?
Me: That takes care of it. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Emirose Mercer: Thank you. You as well.

anon(5354375)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Guys, how do you check if you have been credited? Can you post a screenshot of your ATT.com account overview screen?

dec1950

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I called customer service and got a,credit.

dave9851

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Well, that was easy and painless. Really depends on who you get through chat:

ME: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html
Sherry Taylor: Good moring () and thank you for choosing AT&T chat.
Sherry Taylor: I can help you and credit your account for $50 for the difference in pricing.
Sherry Taylor: It will be a moment please.
ME: ok thank you
Sherry Taylor: You now have a credit balance of $50 on your account.
ME: I appreciate it. Thanks!
Sherry Taylor: Do you have any other questions?
ME: No thanks

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

So glad they are continuing to honor the credit in one form or another. Just remember to be nice to these people. They are at work, trying to provide the best customer service they can following the parameters they have been given. If someone tells them not to issue the credit, they cannot issue the credit. Hang up and call back.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

Christina Robinson: The new balance on your account is a credit amount of $55.71

Not sure why I got 55. Maybe the tax?

DangerVin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Just got on to billing chat and explained my situation regarding my lumia 920 purchase (still have not received it, though I have a shipping number now!) and explaining that I was hoping to get a price adjustment down to the newly advertised $49 price and after a couple of minutes they applied a $50 credit to my bill. Quite reasonable and thanks to the forum for saving me $50!

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Guys, how do you check if you have been credited? Can you post a screenshot of your ATT.com account overview screen?
My rep told me that it will appear on NEXT MONTHS statement because I paid my current statement already. So if you are in between statement cycles it won't show immediately.

timmyisme22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The guy I got could also be a newer holiday hire and didn't know. Either way, the call-in was a breeze.

dave9851

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

My rep told me that it will appear on NEXT MONTHS statement because I paid my current statement already. So if you are in between statement cycles it won't show immediately.

I already paid too and my account says "$50CR"

Jason Figge

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

SUCCESS!! I started a chat session on line and was NOT able to get the discount because I couldn't confirm it online anywhere. So I started another one with a sales rep and they told me to call a number (enterprize account service as we get company discounts). All I did this time was ask for the discount and I got it. I'll be receiving $55 back and my Wireless charginh plate shipped yesterday :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3