AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Keep trying. You just have to get the right rep.
I got mine on the first try and mentioned the following on the "what can we help you with today:" before you enter a live chat session:

"I purchased a Lumia 920 on launch day. Apparently, there is a new Black Friday sale going on and I'd like to be credited the difference. I'm still in my 14-day return period as well."
Her first message to me was : I'd be happy to give you the credit for this sale.

(California, bought direct from AT&T store on launch day)

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't let AT&T tell you they can't do the $50 credit on your account. I spoke to a rep who said they do not give credits for hardware price changes - he instead offered me a $20 credit. I politely said, "That is incorrect, I know plenty of people who were given the $50 discount today and I would like to remain an AT&T customer rather than go to another carrier." He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with the $50 credit on my bill. Side note, when I initially ordered my Lumia 920 over the phone the rep wouldn't give me a free Wireless Charging Pad. The guy I spoke to on the phone today wouldn't give me the pad either saying it was an online promotion only, but I called back immediately when we hung up and another rep is sending it to me with 2 day shipping for free.

Bottomline: Don't hang up without getting what you want.

I had two reps say they were shipping me a wireless charger with 2 day shipping and I still come up empty handed. I was never sent an email notification too

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I wonder if I'm going to get the infamous PITA field on my customer record checked with AT&T now.

FuzzyHat

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I got mine first try as well. I had purchased two upgrades so they credited my account twice. The CSR was very helpful and was a smooth phone call.

Dession

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I had two reps say they were shipping me a wireless charger with 2 day shipping and I still come up empty handed. I was never sent an email notification too

Hmm very strange. I recieved an e-mail and text confirmation before I even hung up the phone with AT&T.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

hmm.. worked for me on the first try. I said i read that at&t was price matching for those who bought the phone early. Said the phone being on sale, even if it is black friday is ridiculous considering it has only been out for a week. Kinda gave my story that i ordered my phone on the 7th, and got it on the 16th and was still waiting for my wireless charging pad. She gave me a $50 to my account for my next bill. No hassle, no fuss, for those who aren't having any luck, keep trying. You probably just need to get the right rep =)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

They made me call customer service because of work, I am listed as an Enterprise Customer, but in the end, it was easy enough to get the credit on my bill. :D

Thanks all!

mercurydude

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I called up an ATT owned retail store and asked if they would honor the blackfriday price early, but it did not work. Anyone tried this option. I want to make sure I get the color I want now rather than come back with empty hands on blackfriday.

cafodima

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

;) HELLZYEAH BABY!!
1st question involving where my charging plate is..
ATT is trying to replenish both our device and charge plate stock in all colors and will provide new delivery dates as quickly as possible to all customers awaiting delivery.
BLACK FRIDAY DEAL..
You: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html Here is the link
to the 50$ credit per phone which is my 1st question..Instead of returning the ones i got a credit for 3 would
be sufficient...

Kimberly Comeau: For confirmation of what we have discussed today, you can email or print the chat (link in the corner). Your time is very valuable and I want to ensure all of your questions and concerns are addressed to save you time from having to contact us back again in the near future. Is there anything else I can assist you with today

Kimberly Comeau: Your balance on the account is now $90.92.

Worked..without a hitch..oh well thanks a $$$$$$$$$

dhruvz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Cool....Thanks to this thread...i just got a credit of $55.45 on my account for my next bill :cool:

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Called ATT last week about free charging pad - order was placed but didn't get a email. Called them today to check on it and they told me its still on back order and will ship soon as they get stock. Asked a few times for something more specific but said they dont really know when exactly. (happy I bought one on ebay and got that over a week ago)

Did a live chat with ATT regarding the price match today - the rep was very helpful and gave me $50 credit right away.

mercurydude

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Is it better to order one today from a ATT store and get a refund from Customer service or wait till Friday.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

After failing 3 times on chat, I called and got the credit first try. If I were you I would keep calling.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I tryed and they didn't even know lol what did you say pete

Just hang up and get another rep. Close the chat and start a new session. Leave the store and go to another one. It's really just as simple as trying someone else until you get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3