AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on chat right now with AT&T and the rep has confirmed that because of the upcoming Black Friday special they will credit my wireless account in the amount of $50. I'd prefer the $50 credited to my payment method but $50 off my bill isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Your mileage may vary.

Edit:

As this thread grows "your mileage may vary" is really taking a life of its own. Please be on your best behavior when you are reaching out to AT&T requesting the price match. If you personally have success using one method of contact over the other, start there first and work your way down.

Last edited:

cbixby

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Sweet!!!! Thanks for the update!!

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I figured that was the $50 question of the day since the advertisement for this weekend was revealed. $99 for the phone at launch was a good thing, $49 during the Black Friday rush is also pretty slick. Knowing the price could go back up to $99 after the weekend is fine with me - its a promo price to lure in additional buyers during the lucrative Christmas shopping weekend of Thanksgiving. I want the installed user base of the Lumia 920 to grow. I'd also love to refer friends and family back to AT&T so they can enjoy Windows Phone.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Chat agent is processing mine now...thanks AT&T!!!

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So, the day I bought it in the store on a business account, the sales guy said I qualified for a $50 credit which would show on my first bill. Got my first bill, no credit. Called AT&T Sunday, the rep gave me the credit, no questions asked. Now I wonder if this is at all related to the markdown or if I should try for another credit to price match! Hmmmm.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I just got the same deal. Told them of the situation, bam, $50 credit!

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

So, the day I bought it in the store on a business account, the sales guy said I qualified for a $50 credit which would show on my first bill. Got my first bill, no credit. Called AT&T Sunday, the rep gave me the credit, no questions asked. Now I wonder if this is at all related to the markdown or if I should try for another credit to price match! Hmmmm.

Because I signed up on Premier I received the activation credit plus a bill credit upfront that reduced the cost of my device quite a bit. When I chatted with AT&T I was given the additional $50 price correction credit regardless of what my final bill for the phone reflected. If you get a 'free' Lumia 920 out of this more power to you sir.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Where do I tell the chat agent to go look so that he can verify this price? I sent him a link to the WMPoweruser.com source, but he couldn't access it...

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I sent that to them peeps (and thanks) but, the guy said he 'couldn't access it'....

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Then offer to take a screen capture, load to skydrive and send him that link...maybe?

eriengel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just did mine, I had gotten my phone from an AT&T store, and it took the online chat agent 2 minutes to adjust it. Charge Plate + Phone for $49 is friggin awesome.

mjfadaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I am on chat right now with AT&T and the rep has confirmed that because of the upcoming Black Friday special they will credit my wireless account in the amount of $50. I'd prefer the $50 credited to my payment method but $50 off my bill isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Your mileage may vary.

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a $50 credit on your account the same as $50 off your bill? Either way ur getting $50

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I do notice that the deal is only valid for certain states only.. Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming... Which is weird that it (according to that email) is only for the Pacific Time Zone...

I'll just try again and talk to another person...

GuppyMFJ

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

How are you guys getting on chat? The only way I can chat with someone is if it's dealing with Uverse or something. I can't ever chat with anyone dealing with orders or credits.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Good luck getting your $50. I just hopped on ATT chat and showed them the article and the link to this forum post. I was able to get a $40 credit added to my account. I guess thats better than nothing.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a $50 credit on your account the same as $50 off your bill? Either way ur getting $50

I would have preferred $50 on my card rather than my AT&T account seeing as I don't need to pay my bill at the moment.

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Wow i'll have to try this!!! thanks OP.

I see the link that was posted, and it shows the promo, but if I just go to att.com I can't find that deal anywhere! I'd like to have "ammo" ready before getting onto the live chat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism