Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I am on chat right now with AT&T and the rep has confirmed that because of the upcoming Black Friday special they will credit my wireless account in the amount of $50. I'd prefer the $50 credited to my payment method but $50 off my bill isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Your mileage may vary.

Edit:

As this thread grows "your mileage may vary" is really taking a life of its own. Please be on your best behavior when you are reaching out to AT&T requesting the price match. If you personally have success using one method of contact over the other, start there first and work your way down.
    Last edited by wamsille; 11-20-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sweet!!!! Thanks for the update!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I figured that was the $50 question of the day since the advertisement for this weekend was revealed. $99 for the phone at launch was a good thing, $49 during the Black Friday rush is also pretty slick. Knowing the price could go back up to $99 after the weekend is fine with me - its a promo price to lure in additional buyers during the lucrative Christmas shopping weekend of Thanksgiving. I want the installed user base of the Lumia 920 to grow. I'd also love to refer friends and family back to AT&T so they can enjoy Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Chat agent is processing mine now...thanks AT&T!!!

So, the day I bought it in the store on a business account, the sales guy said I qualified for a $50 credit which would show on my first bill. Got my first bill, no credit. Called AT&T Sunday, the rep gave me the credit, no questions asked. Now I wonder if this is at all related to the markdown or if I should try for another credit to price match! Hmmmm.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I just got the same deal. Told them of the situation, bam, $50 credit!
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lottidah View Post
    So, the day I bought it in the store on a business account, the sales guy said I qualified for a $50 credit which would show on my first bill. Got my first bill, no credit. Called AT&T Sunday, the rep gave me the credit, no questions asked. Now I wonder if this is at all related to the markdown or if I should try for another credit to price match! Hmmmm.
    Because I signed up on Premier I received the activation credit plus a bill credit upfront that reduced the cost of my device quite a bit. When I chatted with AT&T I was given the additional $50 price correction credit regardless of what my final bill for the phone reflected. If you get a 'free' Lumia 920 out of this more power to you sir.

Where do I tell the chat agent to go look so that he can verify this price? I sent him a link to the WMPoweruser.com source, but he couldn't access it...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    Where do I tell the chat agent to go look so that he can verify this price? I sent him a link to the WMPoweruser.com source, but he couldn't access it...
    I provided this link from the post on the home page...

http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQq...i76jH/doc.html

I sent that to them peeps (and thanks) but, the guy said he 'couldn't access it'....
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

GuppyMFJ likes this.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Then offer to take a screen capture, load to skydrive and send him that link...maybe?
    Thanks, OP! Just saved $50 on my next bill!

Just did mine, I had gotten my phone from an AT&T store, and it took the online chat agent 2 minutes to adjust it. Charge Plate + Phone for $49 is friggin awesome.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    I am on chat right now with AT&T and the rep has confirmed that because of the upcoming Black Friday special they will credit my wireless account in the amount of $50. I'd prefer the $50 credited to my payment method but $50 off my bill isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Your mileage may vary.
    correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a $50 credit on your account the same as $50 off your bill? Either way ur getting $50

I do notice that the deal is only valid for certain states only.. Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming... Which is weird that it (according to that email) is only for the Pacific Time Zone...

I'll just try again and talk to another person...
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

I got my $50;) too... YAY!!!

How are you guys getting on chat? The only way I can chat with someone is if it's dealing with Uverse or something. I can't ever chat with anyone dealing with orders or credits.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Good luck getting your $50. I just hopped on ATT chat and showed them the article and the link to this forum post. I was able to get a $40 credit added to my account. I guess thats better than nothing.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjfadaway View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a $50 credit on your account the same as $50 off your bill? Either way ur getting $50
    I would have preferred $50 on my card rather than my AT&T account seeing as I don't need to pay my bill at the moment.

Wow i'll have to try this!!! thanks OP.

I see the link that was posted, and it shows the promo, but if I just go to att.com I can't find that deal anywhere! I'd like to have "ammo" ready before getting onto the live chat

So, the $49.99 deal also includes the wireless charger?

Thanked by:

A no go for me. Tried and tried. Spoke to online chat. Even the manager said they don't offer credits for this. Tried to argue my point......no luck.

Global Posts
    2,450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whoaty55 View Post
    A no go for me. Tried and tried. Spoke to online chat. Even the manager said they don't offer credits for this. Tried to argue my point......no luck.
    That doesn't make sense because you can just return it, and get ti again for 50 bucks less. Did you try explaining it from that point of view?

Just keep calling until you find a rep that will give you the credit.

I swear, I get linked up with the most clueless folks in the chat interface -

Not able to access my account, only can be done through calling a rep on the phone... Yet, all of y'all are able to do it through chat... sheesh..
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast