weak vibration on the 920?

curious225

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else think the phone has a very weak vibration? I've seen people talk about the sound but that doesn't bother me. My wife has the Galaxy 3 and it makes the same sound.

JGtz

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's a weak vibration. I have gotten over the rattling noise. I was hoping there would be a setting or app to modify the notification/vibrations. On android I had an app that allowed me to customize the vibration pattern and length, plus allowed the messaging app to vibrate again after a set amount of time if the sms hadn't been read yet. Something like that would be nice on WP8 because too often I don't hear the ring or vibration and only see the new message a long time after receiving it.

curious225

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's a weak vibration. I have gotten over the rattling noise. I was hoping there would be a setting or app to modify the notification/vibrations. On android I had an app that allowed me to customize the vibration pattern and length, plus allowed the messaging app to vibrate again after a set amount of time if the sms hadn't been read yet. Something like that would be nice on WP8 because too often I don't hear the ring or vibration and only see the new message a long time after receiving it.

Glad its not just me. I missed two phone calls today because I couldnt feel the vibration.

bitseizure

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

+1

it's a loud vibrate though...

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am bothered by the very silent vibrate... not too soft that I cannot feel it, but cannot hear it vibrate when set on a table right in front of me...... I can have the phone right on the desk in front of me at work set on vibrate only mode and not even get to hear the vibration... so I have had to start setting it to a much lower volume (which is bothersome because now I have to remember to turn it to vibrate mode in meetings)...... I can feel it in my pocket though just fine.... people were complaining about vibration rattle, I seem to have the opposite problem altogether.... too silent a vibrate.... penned that to a heavy phone, but not sure....

dbristow

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I just searched for this topic as i keep missing calls with just vibrate on in my pocket. Also never feel texts. Hopefully they can make an update for this. For a big phone you would think they could have a big vibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos