anyone in the UK bought a white nokia lumia 920?

ag7

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a slight issue at the moment. I spoke to P4U regarding the white 920 and I have been told it will not work with my 3G sim (will only work with a 4G sim). I was wondering if anyone has one who can possibly confirm this? Seeing as P4U have been incredibly poor with reliable information regarding the 920s launch this would be really helpful. I want to buy the phone sim free and this is the only thing holding me back as white is by far my most preferable colour. I am on orange so its not an issue of not being on a non EE network.

So any help on the issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

xH4RRYx

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a white lumia 920 and theyre lying. It detects 2g, 3g and HSPA+. Haven't tried 4g yet as i am on virgin mobile but it will be fine :)
Hope this helped!

ag7

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your quick reply. It is so frustrating how little they know about their own products! It is as if they do not want sell you a phone and will do whatever it takes for you to walk out of the door empty handed.

I guess I will be going to a shop which has white in stock and buying myself one at the next available opportunity.

Again thank you for your quick and helpful reply mate.

laney182

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i got told from EE that the lumia will only work on an ee 4g sim, here i am with a tmobile 3g sim working perfectly fine, seems the staff have little to no clue

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I can also confirm that a 3g sim will work as I've just cut my old sim down with a pair of scissors until p4u get their ass in gear and activate my new sim.

ag7

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help. One last question, the person who I talked with said that the sim may work but your reception would not be as good as a '3g' phone. I am guessing this also a load of rubbish as well? Can anyone tell me if they know if their reception is less compared to other phones/lumia 920s?
thank you

The Dude66

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I can also confirm my white 920 EE works on sub 4G connections. Happily run tmobile on 3G.
Without full 4G coverage throughout the UK it must work with less than 4G network. I am waiting for an unlock code though. Availability of unlock codes now reads less then 5 workdays.

Derek Keller

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
EE is the new brand from the company behind T-Mobile and Orange, so, basically, they are the same company, you can use T-Mobile and Orange SIM card on EE locked 920. But do not expect to use other networks SIM, only T-Mobile, Orange and EE SIM Cards will work.

I contacted EE to request unlock 920 (I bought it as what they called ''SIM Free'' version which has been proven a Pay As You Go version locked to EE), the reply I got is that EE can not unlock the handset, at least, not for now.

I ended up to order my handset from a Hong Kong based company online. It works well with my 3 SIM card, for just ?15 with 3, you got 300 minutes any network, any time, 1000 text and unlimited data, I will say that is much better than any other tariff offered from EE.

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I went into P4U to get my 920. I picked the white one and we went through the process of upgrading my Orange contract. We got right to the end where the numpty was trying to scan the bar code on the box and it wouldnt scan. Turns out that the white 920's are exclusive to EE. I could have any other colour on Orange except white! To say I was p***ed off is putting it mildly and made sure the assistant knew this. I couldn't understand why EE and Orange are treated as seperate entities but thats the way they explained it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon