Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #1  
    I bought my white 920 four days ago in Germany and I totally love the phone and the OS! I've been using the iPhone since day one and bought the Galaxy Nexus as my first Android phone, but Windows Phone is really something else! So smooth, so clean, so fast, so consistent and just so different! It's really a breath of fresh air.

    So, after four days with the phone I experienced one mega drain (70% in 5 hours without touching it and all apps closed, NFC and backgrouding apps disabled, etc) and one long freeze / reboot. Other than that I'm still very happy with it, as this is not my only phone and I can live with early adopters issues.

    But there are two things I don't understand. When I go to "settings > date+time" I don't have the possibility to set the date and time automatically. There is no switch. With the exact same SIM card in my Nexus or iPhone it does sync the time automatically, so it doesn't seem like a provider issue. Do all of you guys have this switch?
    The second thing is that when I recieve a call I can see the caller image of the person calling, but when I accept the call, the caller image isn't shown in the current call screen. Also when I make the call (when it's ringing) it doesn't show the caller image and of course when the other person picks up the image is not shown. Is this normal behaviour?

    Thanks in advance for the response.
  2. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #2  
    I just want to confirm if other Lumia 920 owners have a switch for setting the time and date automatically and if they see a persons contact image during a call :)
  3. darquan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #3  
    I have the set date + time option slider and it is on automatic. Does it work? No. When I first received the phone it was out by 45 minutes, when I did a hard reset it was out by 19 days.
  4. Muessig's Avatar


    Posts
    3,855 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #4  
    Yes I've definitely got an auto-time sync option. When someone calls me I can see their picture but I'm not actually sure I can still see their pic during the call, I'll report back in a bit.
    Last edited by Muessig; 11-22-2012 at 04:02 AM.
  5. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by darquan View Post
    I have the set date + time option slider and it is on automatic. Does it work? No. When I first received the phone it was out by 45 minutes, when I did a hard reset it was out by 19 days.
    Thanks for checking that. So basically it exists, but it doesn't seem to work properly, so I guess I'm not missing out :D It still seems rather strange that it's missing on my phone (in case it does get fixed).

    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    Yes I've definitely got an auto-time sync option. When someone calls me I can see their picture but I'm not actually sure I can still see their pic during the call, I'll report back in a bit.
    Thanks for trying that out for me! I also see their picture when they are calling me, but as soon as I pick up the picture disappears. When I start the call I also don't see a picture of the person whom I'm calling.
  6. tarzanmarzan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxani View Post


    Thanks for trying that out for me! I also see their picture when they are calling me, but as soon as I pick up the picture disappears. When I start the call I also don't see a picture of the person whom I'm calling.
    When you pick up the phone and you are in call conversation, the picture does not display. It has been that way since WP7. However, it is strange that the picture of the person you are calling does not show a picture:

    1) If you just switched and have your sim card contacts, they may be under the Microsoft account/hotmail/default account. You are gonna have to give them a photo or link the account with their Facebook account. This can be done by finding the contact and pressing the middle button that looks like two chains linked together.

    You can specify which picture you want to set as their call picture. Also, keep in mind that if you link FB to the hotmail, the cellphone number listed on the FB account may be a fake or joke one.

    Double check with your friends what I info is accurate.
  7. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzanmarzan View Post
    When you pick up the phone and you are in call conversation, the picture does not display. It has been that way since WP7. However, it is strange that the picture of the person you are calling does not show a picture:

    1) If you just switched and have your sim card contacts, they may be under the Microsoft account/hotmail/default account. You are gonna have to give them a photo or link the account with their Facebook account. This can be done by finding the contact and pressing the middle button that looks like two chains linked together.

    You can specify which picture you want to set as their call picture. Also, keep in mind that if you link FB to the hotmail, the cellphone number listed on the FB account may be a fake or joke one.

    Double check with your friends what I info is accurate.
    So not showing the caller image during the call is a "feature" then :) That's really strange as the amount of space left is exactly the size of the caller image. But ok, it's good to know that it's not some software issue on my Phone and it's something general.

    All my contacts come from one of my Google accounts, with contact image included. I've linked the Google contacts to Facebook (letting the Google contact be the main contact) and it's showing the Facebook image as contact image now. So nothing strange there as it seems.

    I am the only person I know with Windows Phone :D so going to this forum and asking all these questions is all I can do.
  8. tarzanmarzan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #8  
    You're welcome! Any more questions just ask here and we got you. I imagine the reason they don't show the picture is to conserve even more battery life or its just style based.

    Welcome!
  9. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #9  
    Thanks :) I'll be posting a lot more in the coming weeks hahahaa.

Similar Threads

  1. Bluetooth not connecting automaticlly and no data
    By ILOVEMSFT in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 01:45 AM
  2. hot, drain and no emails
    By matro in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 04:48 PM
  3. Windows Mobile 6.1 + WIFI + No Sim + Free Outbound Calls
    By ar3582 in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions