I realize that this has been posted before, but I can't stress exactly how much a factory reset has helped my battery life. Prior to the reset, my battery life was mediocre at best. I would have exchanged my phone, but all colors are sold out everywhere within a 50 mile radius. Didn't really see how a factory reset would help, but I did it anyway, and I have to say, I am glad that I did. After over 3 hours of active screen use and 12 hours of idle, my battery life is at around 50%. If you haven't done it yet, I highly suggest that you do.

Also, do not trust the battery indicator. After a full charge, I played games for 30 minutes and my battery remained at 100%. It then dropped from 100% to 90% in around 6 minutes, and 90% to 87% took two hours.
    Last edited by Jetrii; 11-20-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    11-20-2012 11:50 AM
    Another smartphone that you cannot trust the battery indicator on? Not surprised.

This post was sarcastic.
    11-20-2012 12:02 PM
    Can you give some details, what was your battery status (%100?, %50?) when you did the reset? Did you reset using settings->about->reset your phone menu or using the volume down, camera and power keys? Did you plug your phone in to the charger during the reset?

Thanks...
    11-20-2012 12:11 PM
    Can you give some details, what was your battery status (%100?, %50?) when you did the reset? Did you reset using settings->about->reset your phone menu or using the volume down, camera and power keys? Did you plug your phone in to the charger during the reset?

Thanks...
    I charged it to 100% before doing the factory reset. I went into the settings menu and reset it from there.
    11-20-2012 12:32 PM
    Been there done that
    11-20-2012 12:38 PM
    My battery life has improved after the phone completely died and I recharged it.

In my opinion, the battery life on mine has been unacceptable up to this point though and I was considering taking it back and getting something else.

I left it plugged in all night Sunday, unplugged at 6:30 am leaving for work, checked my e-mail, sent and recieved a couple of text at 7 when getting to the office. Checked my words with friends stuff around 9 am and battery was at 50% or so with no running apps and sitting on my desk top. I didn't touch the phone until around 2:30 when checking e-mails and text and it had the heart indicated, I assumed it was just not an accurate indication of power, At 3 pm when going to check e-mail again the phone had shut down, completely dead. Gave it a little charge on the way home, powered it up to call the wife, etc and it went dead again around 8 pm.

I plugged it in after going dead last night and let it sit on charge all night, with same activity as yesterday my indicator as of 12:40 pm shows 93%.

If this holds steady I'll be fine but if it sucks again over the next few days I'm returning the phone inside my 14day window and looking at another option. I haven't had a mobile device needing this frequent of a charge in like 8 or 9 years. Taking it to a race this weekend out of town sucked as it went dead both days at the track before we left, all I did was take some pics and, check e-mail, a few text, and some facebook monitoring.

I had had NFC and bluetooth turned off since day one, and on my trip I was turning off wifi as a precaution to see if that helped with battery life. I also always make sure to "back out" of application using the back arrow so I leave nothing potentially running idle.
    11-20-2012 12:44 PM
    My battery life has improved after the phone completely died and I recharged it.

In my opinion, the battery life on mine has been unacceptable up to this point though and I was considering taking it back and getting something else.

I left it plugged in all night Sunday, unplugged at 6:30 am leaving for work, checked my e-mail, sent and recieved a couple of text at 7 when getting to the office. Checked my words with friends stuff around 9 am and battery was at 50% or so with no running apps and sitting on my desk top. I didn't touch the phone until around 2:30 when checking e-mails and text and it had the heart indicated, I assumed it was just not an accurate indication of power, At 3 pm when going to check e-mail again the phone had shut down, completely dead. Gave it a little charge on the way home, powered it up to call the wife, etc and it went dead again around 8 pm.

I plugged it in after going dead last night and let it sit on charge all night, with same activity as yesterday my indicator as of 12:40 pm shows 93%.

If this holds steady I'll be fine but if it sucks again over the next few days I'm returning the phone inside my 14day window and looking at another option. I haven't had a mobile device needing this frequent of a charge in like 8 or 9 years. Taking it to a race this weekend out of town sucked as it went dead both days at the track before we left, all I did was take some pics and, check e-mail, a few text, and some facebook monitoring.

I had had NFC and bluetooth turned off since day one, and on my trip I was turning off wifi as a precaution to see if that helped with battery life. I also always make sure to "back out" of application using the back arrow so I leave nothing potentially running idle.
    Im thinking there is something wrong with your battery. I have not had any problems, but will still consider a reset to see if it makes any difference. I have been streaming music, have the phone connected to hidden wifi which according to Windows 8 phone message will reduce battery charge. So far so good; but it sounds like you might want to replace the phone for a new one--that is of course that you like windows 8 besides the issue you are faced with.
    11-20-2012 01:02 PM

Mine has been exactly the same. My phone locked and the battery drained. I revived it by plugging it into the mains.. Charged it all night. Since then i get a whole day with medium use, WiFi and bt on all day.
    11-20-2012 01:20 PM
    I also had subpar battery life (about 8hrs total, email, one phone call, checking words with friends twice, reading twitter updates and one youtube video) until i let the battery drain completely and recharged. Since the recharge i'm getting about 20hrs with light usuage.
    11-20-2012 05:29 PM
    I didn't do a hard reset, but rather let it deplete to 0 a couple days in a row and fully charged it back up to 100% from there, since then it has been solid. No excessive warming up and stable good battery life.
    11-20-2012 05:42 PM