Unable to install WhatsApp after factory reset

octn

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi after I reset my Lumia 920 I restored the apps from backup. 9 apps failed to install on of them was WhatsApp. Now when I try to install it from the store I get "This app is not available for your device" m.essage How can I reinstall it?

Thanks...

lightnin2211

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Lumia 920 today. I get the same message when I use the link from the whatsapp site. I'm not able to find it in the marketplace either.

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if there is a problem with the Whatsapp app? My LUmia920 has been locking up daily and I"ve been trying to figure out which app is responsible. Just did a factory reset and noticed that Whatsapp isn't available on the market place anymore. Coincidence?

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem when I reset my phone today. The solution I found is to go to the windows phone website and login to your account. There you can find the list of all the apps you had previously installed. From there you can select to reinstall whatsapp. Just make sure that you enable app delivery through push (for some reason this setting is under the "find my phone" section in the settings). This method also works for previously purchased apps that show up with a price tag when you attempt to download them after a reset.

gjrincon

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp was obviously not optimized for WP8, no wonder why it barely works on the 920, and when it does, the phone gets warmer than it should. The developer may be working on an update, I hope so.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm just hoping that the Whatsapp devs use the new API from MSFT for instant messaging. The same way that Skype keeps an open data stream without tricking the phone into thinking that it's streaming music. I have a Focus (Getting a L920 this Friday) and i absolutely hate that when i want to listen to my music i have to enter and then exit through the Zune music.

Richard Melvill

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. It seems its no longer supported by Windows phone 8. I contacted whatsapp support and this is the reply i got.

Hi,
Thanks for your message. Sorry, WhatsApp is not fully supported on Windows Phone 8 and we cannot comment on future timelines.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
Best / Saludos,
Max
WhatsApp Support Team

mammaldood

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. It seems its no longer supported by Windows phone 8. I contacted whatsapp support and this is the reply i got.

Hi,
Thanks for your message. Sorry, WhatsApp is not fully supported on Windows Phone 8 and we cannot comment on future timelines.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
Best / Saludos,
Max
WhatsApp Support Team
What the heck?! That's certainly not a confidence-inspiring response. I NEED this app; if I can't be promised it will return I don't know if I can stick with WP8. I only have until Friday to return my 920. Ugh, what do I do... what do I do...

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Folks, I think there is/was a real issue with Whatsapp on Win8Phones and I think they realized it and so I'm glad they've taken it down to fix it. I've been working with Nokia Support for the last week trying to figure out why my Lumia920 keeps locking up at least once a day (tons of other folks are experiencing the same problem). We finally got it to a state where I factory-hard-reset the phone, ONLY setup Google+Microsoft accounts and installed Whatsapp, and it STILL locked up. Since yesterday, I've been testing the Lumia920 again but this time with Whatsapp uninstalled and - guess what? - so far no lockups! It's still too early to tell if Whatsapp was the cause (only 14hrs into this latest test run) but I see that Whatsapp was taken off the marketplace yesterday. Coincidence?

I am pretty sure Whatsapp Inc. WANTS to have whatsapp on the Windows8Phone platform, but they must have identified a problem with the app. Here's to hoping they fix it soon.

Nikhil Pasekar1

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
i am having sort of same issue , I uninstalled whatsapp 3 days back , but now I'm getting only a message "downloading" while reinstalling whatsapp and phone stucks to that only . any resolutions ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs