11-21-2012, 06:34 AM #1
- 28 Posts
I am using an HTC HD7S that I bought back in August 2011 from AT&T. Since then, I've been paying $10 a month for their phone insurance that would allow me a replacement device for a deductible. Can someone from AT&T tell me the chances that they'd replace my HD7S with a 920 since my phone was EOL a while ago and its likely out of stock?
- 11-21-2012, 08:57 AM #2
You are likely to get a re-furbed HD7.. Considering that you are paying 10 a month already, you might just buy a dumb phone off ebay, add a line 9$ a month, use the upgrade from the newly added line for your primary line, get Lumia 920 for 49.99 on Friday this week :) - Insurance claim will cost you 50$ anyway you can cancel the 9$ line in Aug 2013 or pay the prorated ETF (20 a month a think)
(I don't work at ATT) just my thoughts from past experience.
- 11-21-2012, 09:06 AM #3
Why don't you just call them up and ask for an early upgrade to the 920. They will probably give it to you without the early upgrade fee. AT&T seems very motivated to move these devices. Beats intentionally damaging your phone. I'm sure they are trained to spot that kind of thing. It basically equals insurance fraud.
11-21-2012, 04:27 PM #4
- 28 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions Ebaneeezor and gsquared. Ebaneeezor's suggestion is a lot more work than I'm willing to do, I might do as gsquared suggested and just ask for an early upgrade. The only downside to this method would be 2 more years added to my contact. The price for a 920 is $100 less than my insurance deductible anyway.
- By almard in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2012, 06:13 AM
- By almard in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2012, 01:22 AM
- By BrownxGoblin in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 25Last Post: 11-17-2012, 09:22 PM
- By phirefly in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
- By SoloXCRacer in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 10-05-2012, 12:15 AM