Do you use a screen protector?

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
No. I tried one once briefly on another phone, didn't like it and removed it. I have never scratched a phone, an ipad or my Zune player, which has seen a lot of action.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting the otterbox case when it is released. I had one with my iphone 4s and its protected it from some amazing drops. I also want it due to the dust in the front facing camera. I have some dust there but its not interfering with the camera . The otterbox case includes a built in screen protector which should help with the dust.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have one, very fine, scratch in the middle of the screen. I'm not sure whether or not to take it back to AT&T (since I'm still within my 14-day window) and get a screen protector - or just get a screen protector and live with my error. Hoping that seeing that small scratch will remind me always to take care of this and all phones...

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
no protector, no case (being shipped to me). Have had the phone for a week now with no visible scratches.. and no i'm not the anal type to look at my screen every 5 seconds to see if i have any. I am gettting a thin clear gel case, don't want to add bulk, and don't want to cover the beauty of this phone.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get a case for my Palm Pre when I had it. While I was walking my dog I dropped the phone and put a sizeable scuff on one of the edges. Things like that really bother me. On my Lumia 900 that my daughter is now using the bezel is scratched to **** but aside from taking steel wool to it and giving it the brushed metal appearance there isn't a whole lot I can do with it. For a while I had the plastic on the chrome, minus the camera lense, and it kept it scratch free. Wonder if Brasso would do anything for it if I taped off the rest of the phone and polished that part.

Regardless of how well you take care of your phone, the screen is glass. Glass is prone to scratches, chips, and breakage. All you can do is handle the device as carefully as you can and do all the safeguards like using cases and screen protectors. The only reason I'm not doing any more with my Lumia 920 than I am right now is because I don't see anything official from Nokia. Once I see official Nokia cases and accessories I will act on it.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Why only use Nokia stuff? I once saw a pair of bog standard boxers in the shop, but because they had Calvin Klein written on them they were ?30

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I would prefer to have a screen protector. I used the Realook on my Titan, and it was fantastic. You can't even tell it had one. However, I haven't seen Realook offer the 920 yet and worse they stated on their website they don't support phones that have a beveled screen. Does anyone know of an equivalent quality screen protector that is similar to the Realook?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Just applied screen protector last night and I've already removed it. The beveled sides prevented the protector from adhering along the edges and it looked like crap. It was made by some company that started with a F on Amazon. Screen protectors are a must for me. I bought a cheap slip case for now. Waiting and good form fitting cases and screen protectors. I'm not particularly rough on phones, but scratches and scuffs bug the h*** out of me. And $500 is too much money not to protect it somehow.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I need a screen protector. I am not anal with the phones, but I do not want scratches on the screen. I know it is scratch resistant, but I have seen numerous postings here on how the screen can and has become scratched. I am a little concerned that people are having issues with screen protectors staying on.

I did order a cheap case from Amazon, but don't really want a case. Hopefully someone comes out with decent screen protectors. Heck, I would overpay at ATT for them if I have to.

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
We have 3 HTC Arrives for almost 2 years. We never scratched a screen. Broken... That's a different story.

No Plans for a Screen Protector or Case here.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a matte finish screen protector on mine to cut down on fingerprints, but it also does not adhere to the curved edges well. I bought 3 different snap on cases with a "quicksand matte" finish from a company I found on Amazon named Worldshopping. I liked the first one (black) so much that I picked up the blue and green. The blue goes well with steel tiles; I'm using the green one with olive tiles and it looks good.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a matte finish screen protector on mine to cut down on fingerprints, but it also does not adhere to the curved edges well. I bought 3 different snap on cases with a "quicksand matte" finish from a company I found on Amazon named Worldshopping. I liked the first one (black) so much that I picked up the blue and green. The blue goes well with steel tiles; I'm using the green one with olive tiles and it looks good.
I bought the same case from same place. Did your item say in stock but have a shipping time of middle of December? Just wondering as it sounds like you have yours already. It didn't make sense at the time but it was only decent case I saw for the time being.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Realook emailed me back and stated they are trying to come out with one, but may have to be a "wet" install to handle the curved screen. I'll have to wait and see on this. I don't like the orange peel effect that some of those have.

Joseph Noble

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The 920 Lumia glass breaks from very short falls. I am a major Nokia fan, but my 920's glass shattered whe I dropped it from maybe 20 cm. I have since read many reports about many people having their phone glas break on first drop.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Personally I don't use screen protector, it just makes the screen THAT much less appealing to the eyes. And with my WP7 I never used protector either and it has like one or two noticeable scratches after 2 and a half years
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I bought one and never put it on.

In fact, I bought the Zagg for the 900 as well and never put it on.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The 920 Lumia glass breaks from very short falls. I am a major Nokia fan, but my 920's glass shattered whe I dropped it from maybe 20 cm. I have since read many reports about many people having their phone glas break on first drop.

I think that should be reworded as the glass can break from very short falls. The glass is the same as most other smartphones, go read any smartphone forum and you'll see many posts about screens breaking. Shattering depends on the impact, it could easily withstand a fall from 6ft but can also shatter from small drops. Just check out the drop test videos and you'll see how well it can do. However, If it drops on a hard, pointy object screen first then it'll crack. It's glass. What do you expect?

Anyway, I'm sticking without a screen protector, atleast until I start seeing some bad scratches pop up. I don't like the feeling of them anymore.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

a screen protector will not protect from glass breaks. A good case might.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99