Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By trootrell
  • 3 Post By robstunner
  • 1 Post By doublesman3486
  • 2 Post By Banner18

More weight in a phone means you can hold it steadier og thus take better pictures.

Just my 185 gram's
    RandomNinjaAtk likes this.
    Personally i dont care about the weight, i care about what the phone and the OS can do, that is what matters. There are people who are gonna groan and moan about the weight simply because they need to find a fault in the phone to justify not buying or returning the phone.

The weight is such because of the camera module in the phone, i will definitely sacrifice having a big more weight for a powerful camera module any day. Having such a powerful camera module is a huge benefit to me and the overall experience of having a phone with a potentially great OS and the most awesome camera in the mobile industry in its class. So its like an all in one device , precisely what i and many people want.

If weight is such a problem for people, then go buy and iphone or some other phone. I am tired of people coming on the forums taking the **** out the Lumia 920 simply because they can find no other fault in the phone.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    Personally i dont care about the weight, i care about what the phone and the OS can do, that is what matters. There are people who are gonna groan and moan about the weight simply because they need to find a fault in the phone to justify not buying or returning the phone.

The weight is such because of the camera module in the phone, i will definitely sacrifice having a big more weight for a powerful camera module any day. Having such a powerful camera module is a huge benefit to me and the overall experience of having a phone with a potentially great OS and the most awesome camera in the mobile industry in its class. So its like an all in one device , precisely what i and many people want.

If weight is such a problem for people, then go buy and iphone or some other phone. I am tired of people coming on the forums taking the **** out the Lumia 920 simply because they can find no other fault in the phone.
    I think you took the meaning of post in the wrong way. He is complimenting the phone on it's weight and not complaining about it. I agree with the OP that because the extra weight, it does make it easier to hold the phone more steady for taking pictures..
    "Live to Win!"
    XBL-GT: RandomNinjaAtk
    www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
    www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post
    I think you took the meaning of post in the wrong way. He is complimenting the phone on it's weight and not complaining about it. I agree with the OP that because the extra weight, it does make it easier to hold the phone more steady for taking pictures..
    I didnt take the meaning of the post the wrong way, i agree with him on everypoint, part of my post is directed to those people who complain about the weight including those bloggers who reviewed the phone. I would rather have a phone with some weight to it for the reasons i stated and the fact that it will be able to take the beating.

Now i am certain my 920 can take a beating and survive vs lets say and iphone 5 which is so light that it very well might not survive as long as the 920 would

I wholeheartedly agree with OP here. Photographers also make the same argument regarding heavy cameras+heavy lense vs. smaller cameras+lighter lenses.
    People who complain about the weight seriously need to use the phone for a couple days and see for themselves. Looking at specs alone, I thought the weight would be a problem. Turns out it's not. At all. I personally don't go as far as to say I appreciate the added weight, but I don't notice it during daily use.
    Not true!

Try taking a pic with one hand. Gone are the days of one-click pics. Pressing the camera button which is right at the bottom right of the phone with one hand while you focus that 185g is a task at times. That won't happen with 8x.

But again, if you own such a beautiful camera why won't you stand still and hold it properly with two hands and make at least some effort to click a picture ;)

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Not true!

Try taking a pic with one hand. Gone are the days of one-click pics. Pressing the camera button which is right at the bottom right of the phone with one hand while you focus that 185g is a task at times. That won't happen with 8x.

But again, if you own such a beautiful camera why won't you stand still and hold it properly with two hands and make at least some effort to click a picture ;)
    So you obviously didnt know that you can snap a picture buy pressing the camera button OR TAPPING ON THE SCREEN.

Global Posts
    777 Global Posts
    I usually prefer tapping on the screen to take pictures instead of the camera button as it is more stable.
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It
    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    So you obviously didnt know that you can snap a picture buy pressing the camera button OR TAPPING ON THE SCREEN.
    lol
    Thanked by:
    RandomNinjaAtk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    Used WP for two years now. So I knew that. But did you know tapping on screen actually adjusts focus? If you tap at wrong spot your focus changes! Hence again, if you just want a random teenager pic, its the way to go. But if you want good pic with such an amazing camera holding phone with one hand and tapping by thumb wont work.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I had concerns about the weight and size of the 920 too, until I actually held one in my hand and used it for a while. Now it's not an issue. Would i like it to be a bit lighter and smaller? Yes, but it's hardly an encumbrance. I don't notice it any more than my 900, in fact it is easier to hold in my hand than the 900 because they did a better job of shaping it ergonomics-wise.

Except the camera is terrible

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I do find my hand getting tired when using it in bed, when I try to keep the phone from falling in my face. It would be nice to have a lighter phone, but if a lighter phone means I'll have less battery, cheaper build quality, or less impressive camera, then no, I'll take the extra 70g please. Sometimes you just can't have everything.......

So my wife and I have had ours since the ATT launch...i told her about the reviews saying it was too heavy...her response..."Those nerds need to step away from the keyboard and lift a few weights"...gotta love her...
    albertph and MDak280 like this.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banner18 View Post
    So my wife and I have had ours since the ATT launch...i told her about the reviews saying it was too heavy...her response..."Those nerds need to step away from the keyboard and lift a few weights"...gotta love her...
    Best quote ever
    Thanked by: