Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I love my L920, but it's a shame that so many people are having issues with it. What's the usual battery life you can get on your phone? Post it along with your settings, and maybe we can figure what's plaguing the battery life on these things. Also, for any folks who have hard-resetted, post your results: improved battery? no effect whatsoever?

So far it seems that the main culprits are:
    NFC
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Nokia Drive & other background apps

Anything else?

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    See large battery issues thread for information.

Put my phone on the charger this morning at 20% life. Phone had not been charged in 28 hours, I sent several Texts, made a with phone calls, surfed the net and downloaded and played a Xbox game for maybe 10 minutes. NFC and Bluetooth are turned ON. Nokia Drive is Not.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzr96 View Post
    I love my L920, but it's a shame that so many people are having issues with it. What's the usual battery life you can get on your phone? Post it along with your settings, and maybe we can figure what's plaguing the battery life on these things. Also, for any folks who have hard-resetted, post your results: improved battery? no effect whatsoever?

NFC
    Bluetooth
    GPS

Anything else?
    I have all those things active and i got 11 hrs out of my phone before the battery died and the phone shut off. That was yesterday which was the first time i used it until the battery ran down since i first got the phone on monday of this week. I recharged it full and am happily doing everthing on the phone since 8am this morning and its now almost 1pm and i have 74% battery life remaning. Lets see how it lasts today

- Average texting 10-20 msg
    - Nokia Drive Beta
    - Surf web
    - Board Express
    - Amazon
    - Facebook
    - Tweet
    - LinkedIn
    - Me Tile
    - Local Scout

These are the apps i used daily. See attach battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzr96 View Post

NFC
    Bluetooth
    GPS

Anything else?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121117_0002.jpg  

From 8AM to about 1AM at night with moderate use I still have anywhere from 25-40% battery left. BT off, Super sensitive screen off, everything else on (NFC, WiFi, Location), plenty of live tiles (Like 8-9 actively updating) and bing lockscreen which works fine daily.

Edit: Should have added, 3 email accounts, pulling every 15 mins.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    See large battery issues thread for information.
    I've read this thread, and frankly it's too disorganized to give any sort of help. I'm hoping this thread is a liitle more organized so we can actually find the right settings for the best battery life.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Well that's odd. Seems like most of the posters so far have absolutely stellar battery life, my 11 hours of usage pales in comparison. It seems like you guys have everything on though, even Nokia Drive Beta. A lot of people seem to be blaming a lot of the functions like GPS and NFC for battery loss, but if your phones aren't that affected by it then it's probly not what's causing the drain that most people are getting.

Have you performed a hard reset on your phones? Or did the battery life come like that out of the box?

1. I charge my phone every night. I do not take it off the charger until I'm ready to leave for work in the AM (about 8:30 AM).
    2. I have not ran out of charge a single day. I did hit battery saver (<20%) once at around 11 PM or so, which was ironically also the only day that I had decided to do a mid-day charge for about an hour.
    3. I have my Hotmail account and Gmail account both get mail "as items arrive". Additionally, I have Nokia, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook accounts set up.
    4. The following settings/features are on: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, tap+send, cellular, location, battery saver, backup, speech, find my phone, feedback
    5. The following settings/features are off: airplane mode, kid's corner, super sensitive touch
    6. The following background tasks are allowed: AccuWeather.com, My Stocks Portfolio, Nokia Drive+ Beta, Weather Channel, Wikinvest
    7. The following background tasks are blocked: Baconit, CNN, Facebook, LinkedIn
    8. Daily usage includes:
    • Xbox Music (locally downloaded playlist) for about 2-3 hours
    • Checking People Hub a few times a day
    • Reading and replying to email several times a day
    • Texting
    • On average <1 call a day
    • Nokia Drive navigation <10 minutes
    • Facebook app several times a day
    • Couple of low-intensity games about 30 minutes - hour (Wordament, Spider Solitaire, etc.)

Hope this helps!
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    My daughter's Lumia 900 gets around 18 hours of battery life and she primiarly uses it to play games and send texts. My Lumia 920 gets about the same and I cannot complain at all!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    off to work soon and leaving with a 100%charge but ive switched off my locations in setting,gunna see how it performs and not done a hard reset yet, I do browse the internet a lot but dont play game etc

I had mediocre battery life the first 3-4 days I owned it, then I let it drain to 0 a couple days in a row and fully charged it after each time and it has improved dramatically since then. Only soft reboots in there, no hard reset since I've owned it.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

12-15 hours average.

I tend to keep everything i dont use (bluetooth, nfc, etc) off, and im getting about 2 days out of a single charge, thats with reasonable usage.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Here's mine as of right now:

Battery saver ON, Nokia Drive Beta uninstalled, NFC OFF, Bluetooth OFF, WiFi ON, Location Services OFF.

Two gmail accounts, one set to check manually, the other to check every 2 hours, and an Outlook account that checks as mail comes in. Today I've made 5 phone calls, 4 were 5 minutes or less, one was about 20 minutes. Sent 5 emails from the phone and probably 20 texts. Surfed the internet for about 45 minutes total. Played Bejeweled for about 15-20 minutes.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    So from everyone here, can we all agree that a "good" battery life for the phone would be about 18-24 hours? Seems like that's what many of you are getting. As for those of us who are getting less than 15 hours, does your battery drain when it's idle? Mine seems to go a down by at least 1 or 2 percent every ten minutes, and the longest I've gone is 11 hours.

Here's mine as of now

Location service on
    bluetooth off
    nfc off
    wifi off
    Nokia drive off
    2 gmail , both set to "as items arrive"
    1 outlook , set to sync every 30 mins
    backgrnd task - only Accuweather, all others are blocked
    Browsed for about 45 mins, sent couple of emails, about 20 mins on phone, downloaded couple of apps

Took out the phone with full charge around 8 am and now it's 4pm and has only 25 % :(

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hmm. Can anyone here with above average battery confirm if discharging the battery to zero helps? I heard from some that it works, but I'm not sure.

I've only had my phone for 2 days but so far I'm getting great results. I must say that I do not consider myself a heavy user though. (Mostly People Hub, browsing and some gaming) I'm getting 24 hrs with half a charge left. All default settings except I also have wifi enabled.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Very good battery life here also, easily last through the day from 8am to 11pm.

My settings:

Wirelessly charged
    Bluetooth on.
    Wifi on, set to NOT automatically notify of new wifi network.
    NFC off.
    Nokia drive UNINSTALLED.
    1 Yahoo mail (sync every hr)
    1 gmail (sync as item arrive)
    1 Outlook (sync daily)
    IM+ with google talk account.
    Whatsapp

I wonder if the reason for the battery drain for some of you is wifi notification setting? And when you all say drive is off, is the app still installed? would that make a difference? Just curious why some have problem with the battery since this phone has one of the best battery life I've used so far, its on par with the Galaxy Note I was using before.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tapiocamilktea View Post
    Very good battery life here also, easily last through the day from 8am to 11pm.

My settings:

Wirelessly charged
    Bluetooth on.
    Wifi on, set to NOT automatically notify of new wifi network.
    NFC off.
    Nokia drive UNINSTALLED.
    1 Yahoo mail (sync every hr)
    1 gmail (sync as item arrive)
    1 Outlook (sync daily)
    IM+ with google talk account.
    Whatsapp

I wonder if the reason for the battery drain for some of you is wifi notification setting? And when you all say drive is off, is the app still installed? would that make a difference? Just curious why some have problem with the battery since this phone has one of the best battery life I've used so far, its on par with the Galaxy Note I was using before.
    Well the thing is, everyone seems to have mixed results. Some folks have NFC on and easily get through the day, while some people's get drained when it's on. I'm now testing the wifi connection setting, we'll see if it has any effect. From what I've read you can still have Drive installed, it's just a matter of blocking it in background tasks.

I charge it till 5:30am everyday. After the whole day I still have 20-30% left at the end of the day.

One exchange account (as items arrive)
    Two Gmail (as items arrive)
    One yahoo(every two hours)
    NFC off
    Bluetooth off
    WiFi off(mostly)
    Closely follow the background apps
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

PIN
    No
    I get an average of 14 hours + 7 hours standby.

I charge my phone usually from 8pm to 11-11:30pm. Disconnect it, go to bed.
    Phone alarm rings at 6 am. Battery sits at either 98% or 95% after 7 hours since last charge.
    Go to work. Get home around 6:00 pm. Battery is sitting between 15% and 30%.

My settings:
    All background tasks OFF except for Cowlick (twitter) and WeatherFlow (weather).

NFC off
    Bluetooth off
    Wifi On, even though I am on LTE at work.
    4 email accounts (1 Hotmail syncs every hr, 1 outlook syncs every 1hr, 1 work Outlook account syncs every 30min, 1 gmail account syncs manually since I found it to be a battery hog)
    I am always in LTE coverage (Colorado). Crazy fast, 44 Mbps down, 7 up. Much faster than my old tmobile HSPA+.

My usage:
    Typically below 30 mins of phonecalls.
    Avg of 30 sms's received/sent.
    about 1 hr gaming (GeoDefense Swarm, this alone kills 20% battery when my play time is summed up and I compare to battery drain)
    1 hr internet exploding various websites.
    20 min of screwing around with the camera for some "ohhh and ahhhh" moments.

Nonetheless, I have experienced several days where the battery goes down crazy fast. One day I woke up and I had 42% battery left after i thought I had it in standby for 7 hrs, turns out I had left the ESPN app unclosed (or maybe if was gmail? checking every hour)

I might still return it though, many dust particles inside my front-facing camera just appeared a few days ago...

I bought it the 9th of November. Black.
    Just about to take a screenshot of my battery power left, I just got home from work.
    Ok, heres a screenshot of my battery power left. I have used the phone heavily during the day today from 7.45am this morning until the time of this post. I did emailing, web browsing, calling, texting , taking pics, had 9 apps running in the background, Bluetooth on, tap to send on, location on, in other words I had everything on an gave this phone all I could throw at it every chance I got during the day at work today.

wp_ss_20121121_0001.jpg
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast