How do we skim through movies?

boubou1961

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi I just abandoned my iPhone for a Nokia Lumia 920 and i am slowly discovering WP8.

One BIG disappointment : when watching online video, youTube and others, or Listening to podcasts (Podcasts! app), there is no "rocker button" or "moving dot" to quickly skim through the video to arrive a a given point. Only forward / backwards button, no way to zip through the timeline. The only place I see one is on the movies I take with the camera, but nowhere else.

I find impossible that this does not exist in a 2012 operating system. So where is it?, is there a preference to change?

Thanks

Andr?

Moocowdeluxe

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems to depend on the app. The "official" Youtube app rather sucks and doesn't have what you're describing. However, I use MetroTube and it does have it.

philsound71

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
i'm a convert myself and did a bit of head-scratching when faced with this. for web movies and such, when the controls are on the screen, if you touch the forward and back controls, there is not a smooth seek but a jump forward/backward by a few seconds. i, for one, would love to see a bit more streaming movie player buffer integration and smooth seek into the player controls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99