Moving apps from 900 to 920

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ill make this quick...

Im getting my 920 today and will be moving from a 900. I was wondering what would be the easiest/fastest way to move or redownload my apps that I had on my 900 over to my 920.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Thank you!:)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have used Reinstaller from the marketplace after I reset my Titan II a few times, but it never worked well for me.

What I have had to do in the past, and plan on doing when I get my 920, is write down all the apps I want and download them from the marketplace. It's a bummer, but it works.

WP8 has backups now, so we should be good for the future.

Last edited:

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I always use this opportunity to get rid of apps I don't use. That said, I used Reinstaller (Reinstaller | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) when I moved from my HD7S to the 900. Their last changelist doesn't look very promising though:

v1.8- Completely broken with no immediate chance of working again- App will be removed soon after a few more tries

If you log into the marketplace from the web, it also has a list of your "purchased" apps: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/purchase-history?signin=true

They do have a "Reinstall" feature there which should theoretically push the app to your phone but I've never managed to get it to work...

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I just logged into my live account on the phone, and then went to the windows phone page and manually clicked install on each that i wanted, and the site sent it to the phone, phone installed it.. its pretty cool. The 920 will re install them automatically if you select to restore when/if you need to reset your phone or exchange it.. however, DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT REMOVE YOUR 900 FROM YOUR PHONE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!

I did this, and lost some apps - in the middle of working with WP support to get them back..

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/my log in and then select purchacse history (top right corner)

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I agree on going to windowsphone.com. You can check which ones show up so you know you will be able to easily reinstall them. If they are purchased apps, if you have to reinstall them from your phone, you just click on buy and it will see you already paid for it and download it. Based on your data plan, make sure you are connected wifi to not eat up your data. I got some error messages saying they could not connect to my phone, but then the programs installed anyway. I had way to many apps on my old focus, so I used this as an opportunity to just install the ones I really wanted. My contacts moved over as well, as they are backed up under my live ID. It was really very painless. Heck, when I had to swap my 920 out, Windows phone 8 has a backup option that backs up your settings. When I fired up my new phone, I was able to easily reinstall my apps from the backup settings...Of course I had to turn off my data as is started installing all of my apps right in the store, and I wanted to wait until I got home to my wifi. I had to reset up my home screen and do a few settings, but all in all, it was very slick and easy moving from my defective 920 to my new one, and really not that bad moving from my old Focus to my 920.

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I just logged into my live account on the phone, and then went to the windows phone page and manually clicked install on each that i wanted, and the site sent it to the phone, phone installed it.. its pretty cool. The 920 will re install them automatically if you select to restore when/if you need to reset your phone or exchange it.. however, DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT REMOVE YOUR 900 FROM YOUR PHONE LIST!!!!!!!!!!! I did this, and lost some apps - in the middle of working with WP support to get them back..https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/my log in and then select purchacse history (top right corner)
What if we sold the phone? Shouldn't we remove it? I don't see why it should matter, sounds like a bug on MS's side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills