questiom about text messaging from a former iPhone 4 user

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticed that for other people who still have iPhone's that their texts go to the iPhone and not the Lumia 920 at all? My lumia 920 was activated yesterday 11/20 but even after that, in two cases I have friends who still have iPhones and when they text me, it comes to my iPhone 4 even though this sim card is no longer active in my iPhone 4. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I'd like to not have to carry around both ALL the time to make sure I get text messages from friends with iPhones

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
just figured that out. Thank you both for the responses!!! that made sense just came to mind a few seconds ago. Thanks again!!!

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
If that doesnt work (it didn't for me and I was coming from an iPhone 4 as well), go into your Support Profile on Apple.com and unregister your device from your account and wait a few minutes. No problems since then.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If that doesnt work (it didn't for me and I was coming from an iPhone 4 as well), go into your Support Profile on Apple.com and unregister your device from your account and wait a few minutes. No problems since then.

Thanks Brandon, i just turned off imessage and for the time being it seems to resolved the issue i was having but if not i will unregister my device via Apple website instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills