- 11-21-2012, 04:00 PM #1
That I haven't been able to own this sexy beast my entire life. I love it.
- I love the shape/feel of the phone.
- I love the weight even honestly. It makes it feel like a premium piece of electronics like a tablet.
- I love the wireless charging. It seems so petty when described, but having it on my desk at work and being able to place it down when I feel like it, is just convenient.
- I love Windows Phone 8. I have never owned a Lumia and I came from a iPhone 3GS/4. I was not a huge app fiend like some, so there has really only been like one app I wanted and couldn't have (teamviewer).
- I love being able to just unlock the phone, and have all the tiles I care about tell me everything I need to know at a quick glance.
- I love being able to have a tile dedicated to a specific contact such as my girlfriend, so it contains all Facebook/call/texting activity I have with her.
And after blocking Nokia Drive location services from running in the background, my battery life has been great. As some as you know I was originally a big Cyan fanboy, but got screwed out of my order. I could just return it before the 14 days and wait and order a Cyan when it comes back into stock, but the Black has grown on me hard.
People are most loud when they have a complaint, so I thought I would mix up the front page a bit with some things I LOVE about the phone.
"Hey VagrantWade, if you love it so much why don't you marry it?"
Maybe I will.
- 11-21-2012, 04:19 PM #3
I feel ya! Im in love with my black 920 as well! I was at the beach with my wife and kid and a woman came up and asked if we wanted her to take our picture. She was like "Wow! Nice camera!" I find myself constantly picking up my 920 just to mess with it. Such a fun device! You are right about the weight, it just feels like a quality piece of hardware when you hold it.
11-21-2012, 04:21 PM #4
- 31 Posts
Man, I'm with you. After mine got past the "let it run out and give it a couple full charge cycles" phase it has been nothing short of amazing to own. I'm streaming music instantly from Xbox Music over LTE, using whatever programs I feel like, using Drive randomly for a half hour at a time (though backing out of it to end its process afterwards, let's not get silly here), listening to music a lot, playing games, and going to bed 16 hours later with a fifth of my battery left. The flush-mount screen feels much sexier than the 900's did, the camera is ace, the new buttons and camera bezel have't picked up on scratch, the 7-band EQ helped me dial in some headphones, the Dolby digital makes coil drivers sound more like armatures, everything is fast, the screen is gorgeous, and basically this phone is one of the best bits of hardware I've ever played with. Regrets = 0, happiness = total.
11-21-2012, 04:32 PM #5
- 38 Posts
I'm having to comment on this, I can not stop playing with my phone, the only complaint is from my gf who is feeling left out a d always asking me if I love her as much as my phone.
Live tiles are great, love having one place to check out my best friends.
Can not praise the camera enough.
I'm long time apple user and all my friends were saying im crazy yet when I showed them the phone they were just very quiet, as for the weight I too think it feels like a premium piece of kit :-) very happy customer here
11-21-2012, 04:52 PM #7
- 137 Posts
I'm loving my phone also! While closing an AP is a pain, and the WiFi shutdown sucks - those are my only complaints.
I love the os, I love the phone itself. The performance, size and feel of the screen, it's such a joy to use. I'm so glad I went with the 920
- By MAERSK in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 8Last Post: 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM
- By saintforlife in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 140Last Post: 11-10-2012, 04:15 PM
- By rajkumr in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 11Last Post: 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
- By rakeshrai in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 10-31-2012, 04:08 PM
- By doublesman3486 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 10-23-2012, 11:41 AM