Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HM02

Does anyone know why my tiles lose their color when I move and/or resize them? Black and white is okay but somewhat drab. Is there a way to recapture color?

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Do you have high contrast mode turned on under settings>ease of access?

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    that sounds strange. all but the tile you are resizing/moving should dim, still with color though. The tile you are resizing/moving keeps the color. not sure what strangeness is going on on yours. Possible a setting in ease of access?
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    Do you have high contrast mode turned on under settings>ease of access?
    Yes. I turned high contrast off and they all went to blue. That's tedius.

Quote Originally Posted by Derausgewanderte View Post
    Possible a setting in ease of access?
    Okay, under Settings/Theme, I chanhed the accent color to redand now all of the tiles are red. Maybe I should reboot (if that's a term applicable to a phone).

Is there a "Return to Default" switch?

Quote Originally Posted by pmillen View Post
    Okay, under Settings/Theme, I chanhed the accent color to redand now all of the tiles are red. Maybe I should reboot (if that's a term applicable to a phone).
    Lol... This is how Windows Phone works, my friend. The accent color of your phone determines the color of all your tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenas View Post
    The accent color of your phone determines the color of all your tiles.
    How dumb is that! They were each a different color when I purchased the phone. Those that have not been moved or resized have retained their original color. I changed the accent color to change the time of day notice on voice mails and texts. It was originally blue that was almost impossible to read through sunglasses. There was no warning that I was changing tile colors. This must be the 85th thing I dislike about the 920. All were unpleasant surprises. Not that Nokia nor AT&T will give a damn. They have my money and I have a frown.
    How dumb is that! They were each a different color when I purchased the phone. Those that have not been moved or resized have retained their original color. I changed the accent color to change the time of day notice on voice mails and texts. It was originally blue that was almost impossible to read through sunglasses. There was no warning that I was changing tile colors. This must be the 85th thing I dislike about the 920. All were unpleasant surprises. Not that Nokia nor AT&T will give a damn. They have my money and I have a frown.
    There are certain tiles that are different colors. There are other tiles that are whatever your accent color is. It all depends how the developer coded the tile to look. If they coded the tile to match your theme, it will be whatever color your theme is. Example: Nokia Drive app. Conversely, they could have coded the tile to be uneditable. Basically what this means is the dev picks the color and it stays that color until they decide to change it. Example: Xbox Games app.

Hope that helps.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    Your accent color is your color of choice that becomes the primary color for everything including live tiles. Some apps have different tile colors. Take the ESPN app it displays differently it has its own color. That's the whole idea behind the OS. Simplicity just pick a color and your all set. Look around in your apps you will find apps with different color tiles you can use to separate the others.

We hope you learn to appreciate WP8 but its not for some people. Good thing is you have 30 from purchase to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    There are certain tiles that are different colors. There are other tiles that are whatever your accent color is. It all depends how the developer coded the tile to look. If they coded the tile to match your theme, it will be whatever color your theme is. Example: Nokia Drive app. Conversely, they could have coded the tile to be uneditable. Basically what this means is the dev picks the color and it stays that color until they decide to change it. Example: Xbox Games app.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks. It helps me understand the mechanics of what has happened. I don't understand why it's that way. Especially since there doesn't seem to be a way to eliminate having a theme once one is selected. I'll chalk it up to programmer-think. Most that I know are good at writing code and weak at grammar, design, user empathy and the like.

Worked for me :)

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    Thanks. It helps me understand the mechanics of what has happened. I don't understand why it's that way. Especially since there doesn't seem to be a way to eliminate having a theme once one is selected. I'll chalk it up to programmer-think. Most that I know are good at writing code and weak at grammar, design, user empathy and the like.
    Your default tiles were never different colors, you may have had orange ATT tiles or a red Netflix tile or something like that. WP simply isn't coded that way though.

opoqq.jpg
    t3chnick likes this.