Screen not working right when charging

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
This is just what I needed. My replacement 920 came in today. This one doesn't bang around when you move it, but I found an extremely annoying problem with it when I plugged it in. The screen goes numb. Scrolling becomes very difficult, apps open without me touching them, and when it does scroll it's really laggy. I don't remember my old one doing this, did I get another lemon?

High sensitive touch on or off, it happens. I've done a soft reset, hard reset, etc. It does it no matter what. :angry:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When I had a Lumia 900, i had this same issue until i put a screen protector on it. My Titan 2 and my Lumia 920 do not have this issue.

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem with my smart phones whenever the wrong type of charger is attached. For some reason all my windows phones (focus, 900, 920) have all acted funny whenever the wrong power adapter is attached (doing the same things you describe). If your using the adapter that came with your phone, then this doesn't apply. Best of luck though.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you are having that issue using the included Nokia charger, I would say you have a problem with the phone or the charger. I had that kind of issue with my ZUNE HD if I used non Microsoft chargers. My touch on my first 920 was flaky when plugged it into the charger, but it turns out that device had a defective screen with a quarter inch across the middle where the touch did not work at all. My replacement phone touch works perfect when it is plugged into the charger or on top of the wireless charging pad.

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This is a common issue especially with Windows Phones (the OS itself has nothing to do with it... maybe because of the similar components used). If you use a charger that doesn't have EXACTLY the same specs as the original one, screen will go nuts and sometimes the phone will get hotter than usual as well.

Solution? Use the supplied charger, or at least one with exactly the same specs.

Charging via the computer USB doesn't seem to cause troubles, no matter which cable you use.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Should have specified that I am using the supplied charger, does it plugged into a wall or a computer. Guess this one has to go back too. Great QC you got there Nokia. :eck:

Richhy

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I experience the exact same issue sometimes. I Should also note that I'm usually using a generic charger from Monoprice. Stupid that it has this effect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett