Scrolling on the Lumia 920

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Went to a Nokia store and tried out the Lumia 920 today. I noticed one thing. When I scroll through the home screen or app list slowly, it seems kind of jaggedy, but when I scroll quickly it's very smooth. Is this a demo unit issue or is it just how touch phones are? I've never had a touch phone so I have no idea. I also tried this in other demo units with the same results.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it seems that when you scroll slowly on the Lumia 920, by touching your finger constantly, the movement is a little choppy. But, when you scroll fast it's very smooth. Any other Lumia 920 owners have this problem? I am getting it in two weeks so I want to look out for issues like this.

Frek

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to a Nokia store and tried out the Lumia 920 today. I noticed one thing. When I scroll through the home screen or app list slowly, it seems kind of jaggedy, but when I scroll quickly it's very smooth. Is this a demo unit issue or is it just how touch phones are? I've never had a touch phone so I have no idea. I also tried this in other demo units with the same results.
I can't seem to reproduce this on my 920. Scrolling my app list really slow or fast is super smooth. Maybe something to do with the demo?

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
did wp slow down scrolling speed? Neither 8x or 920 at stores scroll as fast as my HTC Trophy

I noticed this issue only when scrolling slowly, like as slow as you can scroll with your fingers. Do that, and then scroll really fast, and I noticed that when scrolling slowly it's choppy. All demo units had this issue, if it even is an issue. I never noticed this before and this isn't my first time playing with a Lumia 920, so scrolling speed could be subjective.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I cant reproduce this either. I wonder if it has something to do with the demo units being connected to a power source. My original Titan had some issues if I used it while charging. I don't have my charger with me right now but I will test that out later.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I cant reproduce this either. I wonder if it has something to do with the demo units being connected to a power source. My original Titan had some issues if I used it while charging. I don't have my charger with me right now but I will test that out later.

I guess I'll have to wait and see. I can't confirm through my friends since they are all either Android/iPhone users.

guyverl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I get this too. When scrolling slowly *sometimes* it's seems slightly choppy. Fast scrolling always as smooth as anything.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it has something to do with the demo software. I don't know why I do this but everytime I go to test out a phone I always restart first. I've played with the 920 many times in the store and haven't noticed this issue.

Peter Juras

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I also had this issue but I think I managed to solve it:

Look up in the Ease of Access settings whether you have enabled the magnifier. I enabled it for fun but since I have disabled it, it is very very fast again!

p_eh

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Look up in the Ease of Access settings whether you have enabled the magnifier. I enabled it for fun but since I have disabled it, it is very very fast again!

Thanks alot, this was driving me nuts. Even had the Nokia support contacted.

Justin Chong

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
hi guys, my l920 now have this problem of flickering / blinking lcd. and it gets hot very quickly sometimes even without using it. any suggestions?

luiscamino

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

this did the trick for me too! it was driving me nuts, especially since my HTC Trophy was butter smooth. thanks!

Nik Hill1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
That was exactly my issue, had turned on magnify and forgot, honescreen, webpages, all very choppy at slow scroll speed with finger on screen. Nicely spotted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos