Words with Friends Freezes L920

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem with playing the Words with Friends game? My phone literally locked up solid so I had to do a restart on it. After which I tried the game one more time with the same results. So needless to say that the game is out of there. I have had no other issues other than this one.

gedmurphy

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
How do you restart it? None of the buttons seem to work, so holding the power button does nothing.
I thought I was gonna have to wait until the battery to drain, but after about 15 mins the phone decides to reboot itself.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem with playing the Words with Friends game? My phone literally locked up solid so I had to do a restart on it. After which I tried the game one more time with the same results. So needless to say that the game is out of there. I have had no other issues other than this one.

Their android app was crap too. I used to have the og Moto Droid and the app was absolutely horrible. It dropped games, restarted, skipped turns, etc. Maybe they fixed it, but I tried to convert all my friends to wordfued or words by post. I like those much better. Simpler better design. And they actually work. Unfortunately many of my iPhone friends would only play on wwf

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have seen the same thing and think ms should call zynga out on this. Ms paid developers to port top apps to wp8 and you can tell zynga took the money and ran. Crappy port that looks like an iPhone clone.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Happened on my wife's phone when she was playing Draw Something, another Zynga game.

Zynga should have started all over with these apps for WP. They're not hugely complicated apps. But a direct port likely also introduces incompatibilities.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Draw something is an utter mess as well. Just awful. Games will freeze on other players turns, store freaks out when loading, Zynga should be giving out refunds for their awful games...

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe they need to pull Words with Friends from the marketplace until Zynga fixes this ultra buggy app. Mine crashes and freezes my 920 all the time. I was playing 2 games at a time and it really locked up my phone all the time. I am convinced that most, if not all, of the lockups on my 920 are coming from Words with Friends, and I am wondering how many users are blaming their Windows 8 phones for locking up, when in reality the issues are either due to poorly written apps like this and/or OS issues. I do not believe the intermittent freezes I have (that are easily recovered from with the volume/down power button hold) are due to my phone and am just waiting for updates to address the issues....part of the price of wanting to be the first on the block with this amazing phone.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It has frozen for me, but I think it depends on usage. My games are going like 3 to 4 combined turns a day. So it's a slow game but that's all we have time for anyways. The times it froze seems to be times of higher activity

Parker Stacy

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the how-to reboot info (volume down + power buttons for 10 seconds). i just downloaded and am using version 1.1.1.0 of words with friends. it locked up when tapping a name while it was still "updaing ..."; seems to work okay when taken slowly.

scottyshao

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have had it freeze two times in WOrds with friends game. The game always takes forever to reload after someone makes a move. I had to buy this app yet on my s3 it was free. Why am I paying for less? The need to fix this problem.

My lumia also frzer another time other than in the game before. soft reset. HOLD the POWER BUTTON at the side and the VOLUME DOWN at the same time for about 20 seconds and it will vibrate and reboot the phone.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
ive got no problems with Words With Friends on my L920. Mine was FREE and it never freezes...mind you it takes long to load, but i can live with it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It froze my Lumia 810 countless times to the point where I just gave up playing it on it at all and relegated playing on my iPhone 4. I installed it on my 920 but am terrified of even attempting to play it. I'm scared of it freezing the phone and having to reset it because the last time it froze on my 810, it just sat there for a long time on the Nokia window. No thanks.

patrick guy

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes horrible app I just uninstalled it after it completely locked up my 920. I had no problems with it on IOS, WP is a different story entirely. I feel I have been cheated out of $2.99! Lol :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss