Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vizagdude

Until the other day, I was able to play videos on my Nokia Lumia 920 that I copied from my PC. Now, they do not play and I get an error message " Sorry, we can't play this file for you on your phone" and a code "80070003". Does anyone know what this means or what I need to do to fix it? Thanks!!

Anybody...Anybody... Bueller...Bueller....

I have exactly the same issue any help would be appreciated?

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    What format were those videos you were playing before?

Are you not able to play ANY videos, or just the ones that were transferred from your computer. Try taking a video through your 920 and then try to play it back. If you are able to play it, I guess you can strike one issue off. Next try to convert one of the videos in MP4 format, or download a video in MP4 format and try playing that in your phone.

The one thing I can suggest is try a Factory reset. That usually helps with most of the problems.
    Thanked by:
    azasadny likes this.

Thanks for the advice. These are MP4's that played the other day and now no video will play at all. I really don't want to reset my phone but if I have to, I will...

Videos that were made by the L920 ply back fine but any other video will not play and give the same error message... These videos all played previously...
    happened to me when I pulled the Sim card out. I think it probably has to do with DRM protection.
    sure you already tried this, won't hurt to mention though. reboot, make sure you have a connection to the net (cellular or wifi).
    just a guess...

i'm in the same boat... files are not able to play... WTF IS GOING ON!!! do i have a lemon?

I did a hard reset on the phone today and now I can play the videos that would not play on the phone before... Strange... one day they all played and the next, they didn't...

I have another problem on my Nokia Lumia 625. Sometimes, when I record videos using it, they're saved, but can't be played, not even if I transfer them to my PC. I have no idea what the problem might be, some videos work just fine, some don't... Can somebody help me?

Quote Originally Posted by amihaela_24 View Post
    I have another problem on my Nokia Lumia 625. Sometimes, when I record videos using it, they're saved, but can't be played, not even if I transfer them to my PC. I have no idea what the problem might be, some videos work just fine, some don't... Can somebody help me?
    I have this same problem on my nokia lumia 720... please can someone help !