Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I've gotten a ton out of my 920 and want to explore the camera more. For a 8mp it seems like the pics are fuzzy, which people have reported is true. So any camera experts have advice on camera settings? I would love to get clearer pictures.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    i need advice also. i cant seem to take good shots in the daytime or in low light/ night pictures. when my iphone all my pictures came out great except night shots. help help help

same. extremely disappointing camera

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=2CF33...B7409579%21166

I took this with my 920, seems like good enough quality for me. One thing I've noticed, especially with low light shots, is that the tap to capture is a lot more effective than the dedicated camera button. The physical button shakes the phone too much, makes the pictures blurrier.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about.. Have a look at the Flickr Lumia 920 group.. Nothing but awesomness ..

Flickr: The Nokia Lumia 920 : Gallery Pool

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I'm not complaining, I just want advice on tweaks to make the pictures more clear; mine seem to be a bit soft.

To be honest, I have never used the camera on a phone much, but with my 920 I am as it's a pretty decent camera.

I run all my Lumia photos through Lightroom to sharpen them up a bit, and sometimes add a bit of contrast or saturation. The Lumia's camera hardware is great (for a phone), but the processing software is pretty sad right now. I've read in a few places that they're working on fixing this. The software is what's responsible for correcting barrel distortion, chromatic abberations and changing the sharpening/contrast before baking it into a jpeg. You can fix them up a bit in post (Picasa, Lightroom, Aperture, or a few on the phone itself), but you won't be able to do anything really spectacular with them until they allow you to save the images uncompressed. Here are a few shots I took with my Lumia 920 that I ran through Lightroom:

04.jpg03.jpg121118.jpg121117.jpg

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzr96 View Post
    https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=2CF33...B7409579%21166

I took this with my 920, seems like good enough quality for me. One thing I've noticed, especially with low light shots, is that the tap to capture is a lot more effective than the dedicated camera button. The physical button shakes the phone too much, makes the pictures blurrier.
    I wouldnt agree more....camera buttons on the phones literally shakes the phone which loses the focus...